Chapter 12 - Red Lips

Here it is! New chapter. Hope you enjoy it and have had a great weekend! 

It's a hot one ;) the weekend and the chapter :P 

............

Five weeks until my deadline, and two weeks until everyone else graduates without me. I've been working my butt off playing catch up re-producing my concept sketchbook, and canvases for my Expressionism topic. Today is the day that my parents return to London, thank God. Having mum and Amelia in my space for two days has really slowed me down, not to mention stressed me out, and with Alan not texting back and ignoring me when I was out with Lucas, it has only added to the pile.

Amelia phones me before 9am.

"We need to tell mum about dad and the affair. We need to tell her before we leave."

Amelia has an ulterior motive, I can feel it. The only reason she wants it out in the open whilst we're all together is not for that very reason - that we are together as a family - but because it means that she won't have to endure picking up the pieces alone whilst mum fell apart back home.

"I have a lot to deal with at the moment Ava, with my exams coming up," she says selfishly. "We'll have to do it today."

"Are you forgetting that I am weeks behind, I don't even get to graduate with everyone else because over half of my work was destroyed and now I'm playing catchup. I'm walking a tightrope right now."

"Why is this happening??" she whines. "This morning it's like they've made up. They were ok at breakfast, but this morning dad took another call from the mystery woman. I heard him when mum was in the shower and I was getting dressed in the other room. He was whispering."

"It doesn't mean that he's out of love with mum....does it?"

I didn't realise at first, but I was subconsciously thinking of Alan and Lily. Did he still love her if he was fooling around with me? Has he changed his mind now and gone back to her and that's why I've heard nothing from him for a few days.

There's some kind of disconnection as Amelia tries to get her point across, a lack of sympathy on my part. Sure, they're my parents, but I just didn't care the same way Amelia did. Really, I couldn't blame dad. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. I won't of course be telling Amelia that.

"The best thing to do is to let dad come clean on his own accord," I say. Amelia eventually agrees in an Amelia sort of fashion that tells me all she really wanted was to swerve the situation around her plans. "It had better be when I'm back at med school."

...............

I consciously wear a flirty outfit today - denim ripped shorts and a thin fitted light grey cut sweater hoping I may catch Alan's eye and attempt to reconnect after our disconnection in the coffee shop and that text message.

Lizzy, Lucas, Jason, myself and the team have a new project on our hands for an upcoming stage show - Les Miserables. From one big project onto the next. I've always loved the book and can't wait to get started on the production. Today we have a board meeting with the director and producers to share and discuss our ideas for the placement and design of the set pieces.

"So, how'd it go with Lucas and the coffee date?" Lizzy smiles as we head to the meeting. She has the kind of look on her face I can imagine a parent - not my parent - to have when they suspect their teen has a crush.

"It wasn't a date," I laugh. "It was fine. He showed me his art."

"Fine?" She smirks, raising an eyebrow. "You're so..." she waves her pen in the air. "Ooooh what's the word?"