~TWO~

Mu Ling is a young boy. Just like his young master. So he didn't think anything of it when he was asked what exactly happened. And started explaining everything to his young master.

"The first young master was in the study with the master  when the bandits attacked. First young mistress and second young mistress were out with second lady Hu. And the lady was in the inner house with lady Ming. Only young master and second young master were in the front yard practicing martial arts with martial brothers." Mu Ling explains with detail. "The bandits surrounded the house and fought till reaching the treasury. When lady Ming tried to defend the inner house and the lady with Bingqing they hurt her. First young master was hurt trying to save her. And when young master and second young master tried to fight, they injured second young master and took young master with them."

"Does young master not remember anything?" My Ling was curious at this point. Did his young master somehow hit his head and had amnesia? But why did the physician not say anything?

"It's not that. It just hurts my head when I put pressure." Liu Changsheng knew this is safer to blame it on his poor physical condition right now. And he did just that.

Suddenly he remembers something! "Mu Ling ah! Xuehui ne?" He was curious. In his last life Xuehui was abandoned from its master. When he was taken to the prison he saw the commander general Ma Ding take it with him. He just hopes in this life too he didn't abandon it.

And he was relieved when Mu Ling said it's safe. "Xuehui is in young master's study at the moment. Young master need not worry."

He needed some time to figure it all out. So he excused Mu Ling to stay alone in his room. And when Mu Ling went out he was left alone in the quiteness of his room. He had so many things to figure out.

He sat up in the lotus position to meditate. Even if it hurt his head, even his right hand won't work, he had to meditate. It won't be too hard when he has been doing this for two years in the prison. But he probably overestimated his own fifteen years old body. It was rather weak and feeble and he was wounded too.

He tried really hard to sit straight and close his eyes. He tried to remember the things that could have happened. If this body was really his it would be able to hold onto the last few memories it went through. He tried remembering what he was doing when those bandits attacked.

In his last life when this incident happened he has already met the Fourth Prince, Xiang Wang, Hong Daqing. He was in a hurry to meet the Xiang Wang in the daily market and he has left practice with his second older brother and other martial brothers in the front yard of the Liu residence.

Mu Ling said he was still in the front yard when the bandits came this time. So either the bandits were earlier this time or he was stalled to go. He now have to make sure which one happened. He knew he couldn't reveal anything about his rebirth. He'll be vague about it.

Also if the injuries in his right hand and his head was any indication he was hurt very badly and was most likely unconscious or in the brink of consciousness. Given the fact that his body was quite fragile from birth and being pampered by everyone in his family it was rather impossible for him to free himself from the bandits. Then how is he here, safe and sound?

When he meditated enough and opened his eyes he already had a rough idea about what happened. He patched the remaining part of memory of this body with his own deductions and came to conclusion that this time some very subtle factors are making things different.

He arranged some questions to ask in his mind to know the situation better and then he'll know his standing and what he has to do differently this time. This time he won't involve himself with the imperial palace. He'll stay out of any matters that concerns the imperial palace. That's how he can save his family.

He has always loved his family. But in his last life he couldn't do anything for them because he was a fool in love.

After he was rested enough for the day Mu Ling came into his room with food and his medications carried by a maid. And helped him get up and eating his food. When the old master of the house came in to see his youngest son Liu Changsheng was already taking his medications with the help of his personal guard Mu Ling.

Mu Ling was excused to stand guard outside the door when the father and son were talking in the room.

"A-Sheng, how are you feeling now?"

"Changsheng is alright father. Father need not worry." The youngest child of the house said to his father. Then he slowly raised his head to somewhat meet his father's eyes. "Was there very much damage in the household?"

This surprised the old merchant. His youngest son never cared about the household stuffs nor business for that matter. He only cared about playing around with his friends around the city on his horse Xiao Su. He has seen some changes in his son's behaviour lately but not to this extent. He looks at his son then tries not to show his surprise on his face.

"Changsheng need not think about it. Father and your brother with handle it. You just take care of your health my son."

Liu Changsheng knew his father's surprise the moment his face showed a little bit of crack. Even the old man concealed it well he was able to see it very clearly. His last life in the imperial palace has given him the opportunity to be more subtle and the ability to read people. And in this life he'll definitely use those abilities to make his life less miserable.

The picture of his father's dead body in the front yard of this same house flashed into his mind. Which made him shiver unconsciously. He conceals the cracking in his voice and smiles at his father. At least he can't crack his facade.

"Father too should care of your health. Also I ask permission to meet mother."

"You can meet her after you heal completely."

"But father, I want to....." He didn't want to act this way but this was to keep up his image of his past behaviour in this life. If he changes completely overnight, people will be suspicious.

"Changsheng! This behaviour is uncalled for. Rest more. Father will be leaving." And then the old man Liu left the room leaving the fifth child in his own room with his own thoughts.

And in Liu Changsheng's mind thoughts started swirling around.

"Now what?"

Hello! Here's the second chapter... It's just regular chapter... The chapters will get bigger at some point but for now this is it!

All the love
C 💕

Also please don't forget to vote! ⭐⭐