~FORTY-EIGHT~

Without realising two years have already passed. The Xiang Wangye and Xiang Wangfei has become Dachen's beloved pair. They together have stopped a lot of incidents from happening.

They have stopped the Mother empress's assassination. Which in turn demoted Concubine Du's position from a second rank concubine to a maid. The second prince was hurt very much but then surprisingly recovered with the help of his main wife. The wife he didn't pay attention to, became the apple of his eyes.

Xiang Wang Hong Daqing punished Luo Guang by stripping him off his title by revealing his crimes to the emperor. And the reputation he held of being a doting husband was completely shattered. He was banished from Dachen with a warning of being assassinated the moment he's seen in Dachen's territory.

And in his place merchant Liu Huahua became the third marquis with Huangcheng port city as his fiefdom.

The assassination of Liu Huahua was stopped too. Because the culprit crown prince was already occupied with turmoil in his own contendership.

Concubine Li was released from the contract with the crown prince and moved to her hometown. And Liu Changsheng has heard of her recently falling in love. He has tried to know who, but was left in the dark, until his second brother surprisingly revealed their emotions towards each other.

Duan Jiali has recently revealed the collaboration between the Yinghu and the Mifeng sect in the protection of the throne.

A lot has changed in Dachen.

Liu Changsheng has become the people's beloved Wangfei who takes care of his people. And the fourth prince has acquired a lot of merits to be the best contender to succeed the throne.

And monk Han, who gave Liu Changsheng this chance to be happy in life has disappeared completely.

On one such day Mu Ling has arrived at the Wangfei's quarters to give him the reminder about destroying Xuehui.

In the last two years Mu Ling has become a rogue cultivator, learning gongfu from masters all around jiangnan. And he has learned about how to destroy a spiritual weapon without facing much backlash. And now he was finally back to help his young master to destruct the portal.

The only four people who knew that Xuehui was a portal to the future was present at the Xuanhua cliff where Liu Changsheng will finally break Xuehui turning it into dust. And thus destroying it's power to ever ruining anything for him.

Liu Changsheng stood at the edge just like he did in his last life when he was twenty five. He was wearing the same ocean blue hanfu his father brought him from overseas. The only difference was this time the beautiful face under the silk gauze has no pain in it. It has a serene smile as if Buddha has just prayed a chant for them.

He held the sword in his hand mumbling incantations learnt from his beloved servant Mu Ling and the sword starts glowing with a blue white sword glare.

As if the nature started complaining, the North sea blew up to a huge height. Thunders from the sky fell low to the ground. Birds from the nest flew out in frustrated clammer.

As if the nature didn't want one of its creation to be destroyed. As if the nature was against the ritual.

The last moment when the sword broke into small pieces blowing in all directions a running figure entered the ritual site.

The crown prince shouted his opposition in broken voice.

"NO."

"Liu Changsheng, No."

"You cannot do that."

But what's done was already done. The sword has already turned to dust. What remains was the final blue white glare that stubbornly kept reminding the onlookers about the existence that isn't there anymore.

Liu Changsheng wanted to collapse so bad but his honour, his pride, his loyalty to only bow down to his master and his parents kept him grounded standing in the spot.

He felt his way in the air back to the other three people standing in a safer distance and instantly was held by his husband.

He could feel the familiar touch calming his nerves from the adrenaline that was increasing his body temperature to a new high. He thought he was feverish. But at this moment he felt no prior need to acknowledge his own discomfort because the crown prince was hysterically blaming him of taking everything away from him.

"Your highness, Zhong Wang, I did not take anything away from you. You did. You schemed of assassinating my father only to gain control over me. Over Xuehui. But I will never let you hurt me anymore.

"Remember Wangye? You were there in the group of bandits to abduct me. I saw you Wangye. I always saw you.

"And I will never bow down to you. Never."

The hysterical crown prince has lost his mind long ago. It wasn't clear if he understood any of what Liu Changsheng said or he was just so blind with power thirst that he has gone mad.

But it wasn't important to the four exhausted people anymore.

Ying Lianying led the group of tired males while Mu Ling and Hong Daqing carried the weight of Liu Changsheng from two sides.

That day they left behind a maniac crown prince behind at the Xuanhua cliff who was never found ever again. If he really did jump into the North sea no one would know.

The death that felt honourable to Liu Changsheng gave him a lot and taken a lot from him. Years of turmoil, fight between true love and throne and then into a blind Wangfei.

But Liu Changsheng was happy. He could finally sleep without fear.

It was not that he didn't have to face any more problems. But he knew no matter what he didn't have to lose the man by his side. He will always be there for him. He will always be cherished, loved, honoured, and above it all wanted. He was not unwanted, he was not alone. He was important.

Court politics will stay, it can never be removed. But while playing a part in it Liu Changsheng won't be a chess piece anymore. He would be the one playing the chess. In the game of power he was the powerful one now.

Because some of us want power only not to get hurt.

Hello guys! He's the chapter where Xuehui is finally destroyed!! Everything is finally over... Though not the whole story! I can only tell you that there are only two more chapters left!

Let's look forward to it together!
All the love
C 💕

Also please don't forget to vote!! ⭐⭐