~NINE~

A few days, fifteen days to be exact passed like a blink of an eye. The merchant ship of merchant Liu reached the foreign shores. It was the sixteenth day morning they reached Sihai zhidi. It took them half a day to settle down in an inn in the Lingshui port city and rest of the half to get some rest.

The next morning Liu Changsheng woke up early. He freshened up in the wash basin provided in his room and went out with his fan in his hand with Mu Ling following closely behind. Xuehui was held by Mu Ling with his own sword. While roaming around Lingshui Liu Changsheng went into a restaurant and ordered a jar of rice wine.

"Mu Ling ah. Go play some. And find me here again at lunch." Liu Changsheng sent Mu Ling away. He had to because he was going to do a very outrageous thing. He remembers meeting a sculptor in the fourth Prince's palace, who was from this Lingshui. This person played a great role in the demise of his Liu family. This time he was going to meet him first.

As of in his last life, this person was summoned to the imperial palace to make a sculpture of the new emperor. And him being from this particular land was further investigated to identify his father as the merchant that did business in Lingshui. Lingshui port city is one of the most popular for merchants and if last time his father wasn't the one who bought the gifts for his family The sculptor couldn't have identified him. This was another reason he insisted on accompanying his father. To not let him be seen where he's not supposed to be seen.

Liu Changsheng asked around in the area looking for He Liang's trinket shop. Finally finding it tucked away in a corner right behind a flower shop owned by a pretty lady.

Entering the shop he bought some gifts for his family worth seventy four silvers. While browsing what to buy for himself a particular object catches his attention. It was an exact replica of the peony tree in the fourth Prince's palace. The peony tree that gave him warmth when no one else could. It was in pure jade and quite pricey. So he just looks away.

"If young master particularly fancy it I can reduce the price." The owner of the shop said from the back making third young master Liu to turn around to a familiar face from a lifetime away.

"No need." Liu Changsheng gives him his signature smile. "I'd take this jade Pixiu."

After packing everything he has bought the shop owner hands over the package to Liu Changsheng and says. "Young master looks new here. Are you here for business?"

"Yes. I accompany a merchant here. In my spare time I'm looking around Lingshui. If mister knows any place to visit, mister can suggest me."

The shop owner He Liang was thinking what to suggest to the young man in front of him. The man in front of him looked like an young master from a wealthy family. And he also looks like he has a good taste if his ocean blue attire and matching fan was any indication. So he gave it a good thought.

"Young master can visit the Lianyi pavilion. It's in the Lianyi bamboo garden. Its beautiful and it also has a lantern festival tonight."

Liu Changsheng smiles listening to the suggestion. He was sure it would be beautiful. Even though he likes solitude more, looking at a festival once in a while won't really hurt right? He gives He Liang a short bow and takes his leave. While roaming around with Xuehui in his hand he involuntarily smiles. He prevented his father from being seen by someone who can destroy his family later. So he was happy.

He went back to the market when his senses alerted him of someone's presence following him. He wasn't very good in martial arts but due to learning art of secret weapons his senses were keen and alert. He went to an alley to avoid the crowd and reached a storage area of rice of crops.

Suddenly he unseathed Xuehui and attacked the one that was following him only to be surprised.

A shadow cultivator was blocking the blow of Xuehui with their sword. Their face was totally covered by a black gauge except the eyes. The eyes looked sharp and keen with glow of a tiger's stealth. The all black dress the cultivator was wearing gave off the aura of protection instead of killing intent. Their hair was put up in a high ponytail with a silver hair ring. That was probably the only thing in the body of the cultivator that attracted attention of people.

Both the weapon retreated itself listening to their masters. The shadow cultivator bowed to Liu Changsheng with respect.

"I am Ying Lianying. Shadow guard from the Mifeng. At your service."

At lunch time Liu Changsheng went back to the restaurant he promised Mu Ling to meet. But he was in a daze. He met someone he wasn't supposed to meet.  Thoughts were running around in his head. Was this shadow guard there in his last lifetime? Would he have met her if he came to Lingshui in his previous life? Now of all time he was thinking what are the factors that are changing the events in this life? If things are going to change he needs to be prepared. He can't let what happened happen again.

When Mu Ling came back he saw his young master lost in thoughts. The young man looked ethereal and majestic. As if he was a royal. Mu Ling has seen this change in Liu Changsheng for a while now. He saw him trying to act normal around people. But if he was lost or not paying attention he would be a totally different person. As if it was in his instincts to be like that. Always so majestic.

Liu Changsheng felt a warm but cautious gaze on himself and he instantly composes himself to be the third young master of the Liu household. He looked back at the direction of the person looking at him. And the servant boy gasped.

Because his young master Liu had tears in his eyes. But a very beautiful smile on his lips.

Hello precious people! I'm back with a new chapter... This one was being written when I got the news of my best friend getting her dream job! So this one might not be very good but a bit special to me... So I hope you enjoy...

From the next chapter onwards I'll try to keep the chapters organised, without any loose ends... Well as least as possible....

So that's it for today... Wait for the next chapter please! I'm not going anywhere!!

All the love
C 💕