Q&A Special [Part 1]

[Circus music playing in the background]

AUTHOR

[sing-song] Hey folks! Welcome to my YouTube channel — just kidding.

[Circus music intensifies to emphasize the clownery]

Welcome, amazing readers, to the Q&A session, where we break down the fourth wall, crack up over dumb stuff and try to answer y'alls questions!

[Characters cheer — except for Ryder because he's an absolute bore]

So, um, yeah! Here we have our splendid characters: Ryder, Nathan, Nick, Mae, and Connor and we will be answering your questions!

Right. Let's get funky!

[Mae whoops and claps]

[Reading from a slip of paper] Okay, first up: Ryder.

RYDER

[very suave] Hey.

AUTHOR

Welcome to 'Reboot Bob the Builder Hate Club'! Here's a question for you: What do you do in your free time or your favourite thing to do to kill time?

RYDER

(heh) Uh, I either cook something, watch Netflix or lie face-down on my bed with music blasting in the background. [Pause]

CONNOR

Damn, dude. That's sad.

[Murmurs of agreement]

RYDER

(laughs) Fine, fine. I mean, I'm sort of a fast learner in some way. So I kill time by half-assed learning languages and, oh! One time I was really bored so I memorised the entire Greek alphabet and Egyptian hieroglyphs.

MAE[OVERLAPPING]

I memorise car plate numbers for fun.

RYDER[CONTD.]

I do play the guitar sometimes... But it gets a little boring after a while, so I just kept that in my dusty-ass guitar bag.

NATHAN

Until I went to your house for the first time.

RYDER

[laughs] Yeah, that. It was fun, actually. Teaching you. And, uh, using that guitar since, I don't know, 2 years ago?

[Nathan laughs]

AUTHOR

(haha) Right. Another question - ooh! This is something. How have you managed to deal with your traumatic past? And does Nathan help with that in any way? I've noticed your mind seems to be more at ease when you're with him.

[Pause as Ryder composes an answer]

RYDER

Well, uh... Okay, first one. I've always, y'know, distracted myself from, uh, yeah... So I don't hear him. I've broken some things too, as advised by Nick, and to be honest, it's kinda fun. Just take out all your pent-up anger and stress on inanimate things. Therapy's been helping a lot, though.