9 - Rejection

I sit at the guest room, sitting beside the bed on the floor clasping on my hoodie, my knees are up and my chin rests on them. My sight stays on the floor.

The color of blood still in my mind. I bit my lip, to control my uneven breathing. I could take a small wound but theirs are more than that. Claw marks. My hands were involuntarily shaking, so I closed my fist. I cannot lose control here.

Let me tell you something. I am a hostile one. I just regained self control a while ago and now, bringing me here is not a very good idea. I have a blunt personality, only to hide my blood lust. I kinda went rabid, the last semester, so I had to basically chain myself to not cause any trouble. But that event has awaken much more than that, and with this... mate thing, I can lose control.

Unable to sleep, I stood up slowly opening the door, tip toeing as to not cause any disturbance. I took my time walking towards the kitchen, mapping the entire way. Thinking of a way to get out of his grasp, because even if I got myself out of his house, he will just find me at the school or my house and bring me back here. The tone of his voice when he said that I should stay here definitely etched in my mind. I don't plan on leaving this place (town) yet, I mean my home. This is the only thing I left that I can call mine.

Stopping on my tracks, I realized someone is here. Sitting by the countertop, the lights were dimmed but I can sense his presence. Talking about an Alpha. Tsk. I continued walking, not anymore caring about tip toes and went to rummage the fridge. I know he saw me, well basically the light coming from the fridge is an attention seeker. But I did not mind him. Well, I pretended not to. I settled on getting water. As I closed the fridge, I chugged the water and decided to face the countertop. And him on the process.

"Can't sleep?" Finally my eyes laid on him, it was basically only shadows but my eyesight is better. Well, I am wearing eyeglasses. I heard a humm. And had a bright idea, I walked over the counter and I knew his eyes followed me. And sat beside him, well, a stool away. We're not friends, or anything. Except for mates but wait he rejected me.

"Does it hurt?" My eyes not leaving my glass. I am not really a person who keeps the conversation but I kinda need his presence for a certain reason.

"Hm. Why would you care?" I don't really, but your tone is curious hiding in pride and power.

"As a form of respect to the houseowner where I took this glass of water." It was half sarcastic, as to imply my annoyance with his kidnapping me here.

"Respect?" His voice is low as if in deep thought.

Until when will you keep your rejected mate here? That's what I wanted to ask, but I know that he will not let me off until this rogue wolves incident die. And the look on his face was something I'm tempted to not break away.

However he did. And he stared right at me. I frowned internally.

"Listen, you have to stay here because apparently the mate bond did not break." I did not make any reaction. He took it as cluelessness.

"Remember that day when we first..." he paused.

"When you introduced yourself? And you forced me to state my name? Yeah." That was an interesting day. I remember I had save a mocha drink. I smiled at that thought.

"What about that?" I asked.
It was hard to see his eyes, but I felt some guilt or sadness from him. Although it was at the back of the room.

"It did not work. We thought that it might be because you were not fully aware of what you said, so..." I remember that convo, at the gym with Kyle. He said I was a curse and he hates me.

"You want me to repeat those words."

"You have to mean it." He said and there's something inside me that stirs with this nonchalant attitude. He wants me to go over rejection again. I almost smiled bitterly.

"Of course." I said.

"First, you have to know what those words mean." He started explaining about mates, and A pack and the name of their pack, and an Alpha and Luna.
"You got it?" I nod. My eyes starting to feel the heaviness I was waiting for.

"Now, I will say it."

I fully faced him.

My eyes were not taking any emotion as I look at him. Will it hurt this time? I hope not tonight as I want to sleep in peace. Maybe tomorrow.

"I, Chase Ashton Michael, " he paused. The matter? "Rejects you Nathalia Nicolai as my mate and Luna of Bloodridge pack. Now you accept it."

His words were starting to pull the strings squeezing my insides.

"Thalia?"

"Yeah. I, Nathalia Rhianne Nicolai, rejects you Chase Ashton Michael as my mate and as the Luna of Bloodridge pack. And I mean it." The last words with firmness. However nothing snapped, nothing. It didn't work, did it?

"Maybe it will take effect later." I nod and he sighed, leaving me in the kitchen.
I stared back at my glass. If a tear can be shed I would have, however nothing has been from this eyes. Because I felt unwanted once more, by the one who meant to love me.

I bowed my head even more. Knowing he cannot hear me, I whispered.

"I, Winter, rejects you Chase Michael and your wolf, as my mate." However nothing happened. Except that it hurts. It hurts to be thrown away. It hurts to not belong anywhere. Knowing he doesn't want me anymore, and more than ever. I left. No one noticed me because I am so great in hiding my very presence. Well, I left a note on the fridge saying, "Thanks, Houseowner."

I went home, If someone will kill me then just jump at me and we'll see who gets killed first. Apparently, no one has the audacity to search my place. Maybe because there is nothing to take in here.

That night, I did not sleep. Although I wanted to, I couldn't. I just stared at the ceiling and hoped that he was right. It will be gone later. But later became nowhere as the sun rose up and I had to go to school because I am still a student. I lazily got myself ready and when I passed by the mirror, I saw my zombie look. There are bags under my eyes and my sprawled down hair is not helping. The paleness of my face made me look like a ghost, I apparently wore a long black hoodie that reached mid thigh and a black leggings and boots because my sneakers are dirty. However, before I could even reach the school entrance, I stopped and felt that this is nonsense. So I made a u- turn and found myself sitting on a swing in some park.

I wonder, what will happen. I wonder, if what I'm doing is right. Ugh. Thalia, what should you do?