11 - Another Life

Sharp cold stabs of water.

*Swoosh!!*

My eyes lazily opened. The water blurred my sight.

Who in the world would put ice water falls above me? But the smelt of what has been always talked about hit my senses. Rogues. Numbers of them. Seriously? I just closed my eyes for a moment and they're unto kidnapping me? Aiyu would be very proud of me. Note the sarcasm. Regardless, I was not awoken. So that means that they're not considered a threat. If I was not soaked like this, I would probably be asleep again. However, does it have to be ice cold? And it smelt of rain. Wait did it rain? I still have laundry on the backyard. Those were my fluffy blankets.

A slap. And I glared at the owner of the hand. What the?! Who are you to interrupt me with my thoughts of my fluffy blankets?

"Now you will wake up." He stated with the vilest tone he could manage. He's trying hard, I can hear that.

Slap!

For pete's sake! I felt my face stinging. I glared at him although my sight is still blurry and a bit hazy because of his slap.

"What are you glaring at?!" His voice rang in my ear and I hate the sound of his squealing. He was raising his hand again and I gave him my darkest look. Try. Try and you might meet death at the earliest. He tenses meeting my gaze. His instinct stopped him. Scaredy rogue.
Psshh.

Someone came in and hauled the scaredy pup and from what I heard, I am supposed to be a bait. They will lure my sorry excuse of a mate and supposedly, he will save me. The dilemma? He will not. I should have a good talk with their leader, maybe we will come into agreement and I will live the rest of my days away from anyone. We will be happy minding our own businesses. Unfortunately, that is one of the very unlikely possibilities. For they only know the cliche plot. That's why I hate reading stories and watching movies.

My eyes started to clear up and the sight of the room made me cringe. It is quite a large room. 10x12 I guess. And me sitting in the middle makes it a large ballroom. However, it does not have a pristine floor. Instead, there were rusts and footprints and dry stains of blood. Or maybe not so dry. There were chains hanging on the wall on my right side, the door on the front left. The only door. No windows. And the only lamp was sitting a little bit above me. However, it's too old, too dim, that it's hue made the place reeks of death.

My hands and legs were strapped on each side of the chair, with some measly rope. I thought it would be silver. Yes, I know that much. Maybe it's for their ease when I have to get off this rusty old probably contaminated chair. I need to shower twice or thrice for this. Tsk. And do they have to do this on this particular date? They know timing.

A creak and the door opened. I bowed my head to make an objective decision. I might snap when I see the scowls on their faces.

"So, this is the human mate of that Alpha?" His voice is laced with pride but he is not the leader. I can sense it. Probably the right hand man. I heard footsteps and his boots are in my line of sight. He stands in front of me and...
Damn it! He raised my face with his filthy hands on my chin. I glared at him.

"Pitiful." Who?! That one word snapped my patience. My breathing hitched up and I swear I could go on rampage any second.

"What? Are you scared?" He laughed. Making me raised my brows. Scared?

"Are you?" I whispered with meanness.

Slap!

My face turned to my left and my hair became a mess.

What's with rouges and slapping?

I faced him again with a glare, my face is stinging and is probably red. "Scaredy pup." I teased. And slap. From the other side. Now it's even. He grabbed my chin, made me look at him.

"Don't ever talk to me like that, human! If you want to live, you will be a good hostage. Scream for your dear mate. And we will kill the both of you." And slap!
My teeth clenched. I will kill this one first.

"You might kill her. We need her alive." The other one said.

"I know moron. But I wonder, what would that Alpha do when he saw your lifeless body all beaten up, or maybe parts are scattered." I did not respond. My hair curtains my face.

"Did she lost consciousness?" The other one whispered more to himself.

"She's still breathing. But not for long." He laughed and I heard the door.

I breathed out. Chase does not want me. Don't you people understand? He rejected me. He made me accept it twice. He does not care about me. He wanted nothing to do with me! Nobody wants someone like me. An incomplete. A cripple.

If only she is here. Maybe it will be different. Maybe I won't feel so alone. Maybe I'll know how to feel correctly. Maybe Chase will like us. Maybe even if he still does not, we can still be fine. However, she is not here. I am left alone. Sulking over imaginary emotions I could never have.

But it does hurt, doesn't it? It's weird inside me. I wish I have her. I wish she never left. Or maybe I wish I did not live. Maybe. Just maybe, it would've been better.

I closed my eyes. They were heavy but not heavy of sleepiness, instead, of an invisible pain.

Chase... he is far away from me. I can feel the uneasiness of his wolf. I never caught his name. Maybe he is much nicer than him. Maybe he is not much blinded like his human. Or maybe they are the same. They're just tied with the inevitable, me. But they are fine without me, they have each other.

I wonder, should I escape now or wait? Let's weigh them down, if I will escape, this might be another summer spent in school stuff. If I wait, I might miss more classes and I will spend summer on school stuff. However, on the littlest possibility that he will come, he might be bragging about this to me, saying that I am a burden and useless. So more cons in waiting.

'Young lady, i swear I would just chain you again...!' I will have a good scolding. What to do?
Should I do something?

If you promised to live another life, but you are being dragged to another, what will you do?