T W E L V E

A N G E L 💗

A N G E L 💗

When I arrived at Trevante's house, he was standing on the porch, waiting for me. He was leaning against his porch, his strong arm crossed. I jumped out of the car and walked upstairs. He took my arm and slung it over his shoulder. He escorted me inside and sat me gently and slowly on the couch. He took a pair of scissors and slit my jeans open so he could examine the bullet wound.

"What the fuck happened? What did Manny put you up to?" He said this with a deeply concerned expression on his face.

I let out a sigh. "I ended up in jail because my sister and I, along with a friend, ended up beating up your fuck buddy because she didn't know her place. Because I was in jail, he lost money, which irritated him greatly. So he told me to go kill someone who had stolen money from him, and you know what happened? The guy shot me."

Trevante stood up, grabbed a gun, and loaded it. "Where is this nigga at? We can go kill him right now."

I direct him to take a seat with my finger. "Listen, I already dealt with him, so please put the gun down and assist me in removing the bullet from my thigh."

He gradually put the gun down and began grabbing items to assist in getting the bullet out of me. He reached for a towel and handed it to me. I was perplexed as to why he had given me a towel.

I looked at him with a puzzled expression. "How come you handed me a towel?"

He chuckled with a seductive look on his face. "Ma, you'll have to put that in your mouth because you'll be in excruciating pain. Please let me know when you're ready."

Now I'm beginning to regret calling him because one of my characteristics is that I dislike pain. I'm pretty sure no one does, but I'd rather have the doctors put my ass to sleep to accomplish this, but I'm already here and there's no going back, and I don't want to get into trouble with the cops. I signaled that I was ready by putting the towel in my mouth and grabbing the couch, knowing that the pain was about to escalate.

I started screaming because he poured some kind of liquid solution on my wound. I couldn't even describe how awful the ache was. I leaned back in the couch and began yelling even louder. If I had gone to the hospital, this would not have been so painful.

He came to a complete stop and gazed at me. "Listen, I understand how painful the pain is, but you must stop moving and yelling. Ma, you need to relax."

I gazed at him as if he were insane. I snatched the towel from my mouth. "Don't tell me to chill out. You're not the one who got shot in the thigh."