T H I R T Y S I X

Rubi and I are currently parked in front of the police station

Rubi and I are currently parked in front of the police station. Rubi and I were both uncomfortably staring towards the building. I don't want to do it, and I'm sure she doesn't either, but it has to be done. My phone rang when I was engrossed in my thoughts. It was a text message from Manny, so I grabbed my phone.

Papi ❤️

The evidence against me should be kept in the evidence room. Make certain you grabbed everything for me and that nothing is left behind mama.
Text Message Sent At 11:15pm

I slid my phone back into my pocket after reading Manny's message and turned to face Rubi. She was still nervous, and I can understand why. We're about to take evidence from a police station, which can get us in a lot of trouble.

"Are you ready to get this shit over with?" I asked.

Rubi gave me a look that said, "What the fuck?" "Hell no, girl; we're about to steal evidence from a police station. If we're caught, we'll probably be locked up for a few of years."

I rolled my eyes and took out my binoculars to peek into the police station. I noticed three officers inside the police station. They're probably on the late shift. To avoid being caught, Rubi and I must devise a clever strategy.

"Rubi, I'd like you to divert their attention while I search for evidence."

Rubi let out a sigh and rubbed her temple. "I'm not sure how I'm going to do that."

To help me come up with a plan, I began taping the steering wheel. "I want you to go inside and tell them your car broke down or something and you need assistance while I go hide."

Rubi sighed deeply. "Alright, let's just hurry up and get this over with."

I nodded and was about to exit the vehicle when I began to feel strange, so I grabbed the door handle. Rubi snatched my shoulder and locked her gaze on me.

"Are you okay? Are you certain we should go ahead with this right now?"

I moved Rubi's hands away from my shoulder. "I'm fine. Let's get going and-"

I opened the door quickly and began vomiting before I could finish my sentence. I leaned back in my seat after puking. I looked over at Rubi, who was looking at me with concern.

"Girl, fuck this bullshit, I have to get you home. Manny and Spooky can come down here and do this shit."

"Rubi, I'm fine. After puking, I actually felt a little better. Go ahead and distract those cops while I go inside." I jumped out of the car and dashed to the side of the building where it was pitch black.