Chapter 39 || You Can Do This

L I Z

Today is the day I graduate and leave this crazy college life behind, and move on to the next phase of my life. With Aaron in my life, I can already tell that this new phase of my life will be an epic one.

I love him so much.

Oh...and he is fully recovered.

We are three and a half months into our relationship and he still looks at me like he just saw me for the first time.

I'm seated with Diane, Sam, Yvonne, Brittany and Jodie. Somehow we managed to find our way to each other.  And the university board invited Seattle's NHL Team. Aaron is giving the epic graduation speech and Nick is giving away the certificates.

After Aaron's speech, Nick is being handed the certificates by the dean and he gives them to each student, one by one.

When it gets to my turn, my eyes scan the huge hall for possibly my dad or anyone from my half family. But nothing, no one came for me. Diane's family is here, Yvonne's too....and no one's here for me. I'm walking away from the podium when I spot Kim rushing towards me. It feels so good to see her here, so good that I almost cry at the sight of her.

When the graduation ceremony is over, Brittany, Yvonne and Diane go to take pictures with their families. I stand alone, watching all the happy families together and wishing mine were normal, wishing my mother wasn't my father's mistress.

"Baby," I hear Aaron's voice behind me, he wraps his arms around my waist, a few people walking around glance at us and I don't feel bad about their stares, probably because Seattle knows that Aaron and I are officially together.

I tilt my head to kiss him and he groans in between wet kisses.

"Alright, family photo," I hear Nick voice and Aaron and I turn to find him standing with Terence, Kim and Mrs. Kelly. My heart melts at those words, "family photo." Yes, they are the real family in my life.....even my guard dogs.

After the pictures, Kim and I hug and catch up while Aaron, Nick and Terence take pictures with college fans.

"I missed you," She squeezes me tight, "Do you forgive me?" She asks, tears gathering in her eyes.

"Of course I forgive you," I tell her and her smile widens.

"I was in Washington, we were filming but I told myself that I must be here for you," she holds both my hands. "I might be a terrible person but I love you so much,"

"No, no, you're not a terrible person," I tell her.

I find myself looking behind her as we hug and my heart literally freezes.

Jason.

Jason is here.

Jason is here for my graduation.

Kim must have felt how stiffened and white I became, because her eyes meet Jason's and her grip on my hand tightens. Aaron magically appears beside me and we share a look.

"Do you want me to fuck up his face?" I hear Terence behind me.

"No, it's okay....I'll talk to.....him," I gulp and everyone leaves, everyone except Aaron. "It's okay, I got this," I assure him. He and Jason share one last look, before he walks away.

Jason stalks closer to me, slowly, like he's scared of something.....I don't know what; probably me.

"Happy.....um.... graduation," he stutters. I don't say a word, so.....he continues.

"Elizabeth.....I know sorry doesn't justify all the shit I've put you through..... but I am so sorry,"

"Why did you even do it?" My voice cracks.

He takes in a few deep breaths, walking closer to me, "Did you think I was happy doing all that, letting my friends touch you inappropriately, I wasn't fucking happy to see all the shit I put you through," he pauses, "I miss seeing my parents together, happy, kissing, I fucking miss that....and your mother took that away from me—— that's all I believed as a child," he grunts.

"And what do you believe now?" A tear escapes my eye.

"That in life, you may be married to someone and not be in love with them," he gulps. "Dad loved your Mom more than he loved mine—— that's if he did.....and I have to accept that,"

Tears roll down my cheeks, my father loved my mother and he told Jason that.

"And I'm sorry for fucking your boyfriend up," he sighs finally. "Just please give Dad a chance to explain, I promise it'll be worth it,"

"I forgive you——," I start and his face brightens up a bit, "But that doesn't mean I will forget everything," he nods and I feel Aaron's arm tighten around my waist.

"I'm sorry, man," Jason says to Aaron.

"Did she forgive you?" Aaron asks Jason.

"Yeah," Jason gulps. I don't think I've ever seen him nervous.

"Then I do too, just don't do it again," Aaron says to Jason, and then to me, "Come on, let's go take more family pictures,"

"Um," Jason says, halting us, "Can you, Kim and I take one together?" He asks me.

Well....yeah.

⬤ ⬤ ⬤

I'm quiet on the drive back home and Aaron notices. I know he does because of the way he rubs my exposed thigh at seconds intervals. We are just coming from a Graduation After Party—— courtesy of Diane and Yvonne, and I am so tired and slightly tipsy.

Jason's words about how father loved my mother more than his keeps coming back to me, no matter how much alcohol I took to forget everything. Before he left, he told me to give Dad a chance to explain. That I will do tomorrow, I really need to hear the whole story.

Aaron helps me out of the car and Mrs. Kelly gets the door for us. When we get to the living room, I collapse on the couch like a dead person.

"Do you guys need anything?" I hear her ask Aaron.

"No, we're good, thanks.... goodnight," I hear Aaron tell her as he lifts me off the couch, into his arms. He walks upstairs with me in his arms, until we get to his room.

He lays me on the bed, slowly....then he helps me undress till I'm wearing absolutely nothing. Then he runs a bath and washes me clean of beer and sweat. No matter how much I fist his cock, he doesn't fuck me.....he just kisses me and takes me back to bed, pulling the covers closer to us.

Such a gentleman.

We turn to face each other and he tucks my wet hair behind my ear, then he kisses my forehead.

"You can do it," he starts, "the talk with your Dad, you can do it and I'll be there with you," He kisses my hands. "I love you so much, Elizabeth,"

With heavy eyelids, I drift off to sleep, my dreams filled with a beautiful brown haired woman and a baby in her arms.

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

Thank you so much for 100K Reads!!

Still feels like a crazy dream I might wake up from haha!

I have GOOD NEWS!!

NICK'S BOOK - A HEART LIKE THIS WILL BE RELEASED THIS SUNDAY!

That means we will be done here by this week!

How excited are you?

See you next update!

Xoxo, Mira <3