Tale 11

Tale 11
Duchess of Lancaster

Aside from the small skirmish with the wolves, the journey back to the North went smoothly and they eventually reached the Sullivan’s Mansion after eight days of continuous travel.

Days peacefully passed by.

Adelina who busied herself with the work of the Duke, didn’t realized the passage of time.

Over the past seven months, both Maxwell and Devin visited several times for two different agendas.

Maxwell is genuinely concern if she’s faring well as the substitute of the Duke. So the Crown Prince publicized their friendship to support the Duchess.

Devin on the other hand, kept visiting purely for Luella.

All sorts of rumours were spread.

Some says that the Duchess is a very capable woman, she’s managing the dukedom well.

Some were surprise that the Duchess have a good friendship with the heir of the Lionels.

Some believes that the Duchess enchanted the Crown Prince with her beauty.

Some even believes that the Duchess is conducting herself poorly for seducing both the heir of the Salvatores and the heir of the Lionels while her husband is away at the frontline of the war.

Different versions of these stories get passed through the words of mouth.

Some praising the Duchess.

Most slandering her good name.

Adelina on the other hand, didn’t pay much attention to these rumours.

Her expiration date is near, so even though Adelina is normally fearless and confident with her abilities, she can’t help but worry. What if she suddenly encounter a very powerful foe and get killed with a single slap? Who would she cry and complain to then?

Wasn’t the original Adelina killed despite possessing the same number of Legacies?

She’s worried that all her preparations were not enough.

It’s the middle of the night, and Adelina heard a small knocking on her window.

It’s here.

She saw a messenger crow the moment she opened the window.

She took the scroll wrapped around the crow’s legs.

Then Adelina attached a reply that only have two words written on it: Thanks, bitch.

Adelina unrolled the scroll and found out that it was a blank letter.

She moved towards her working table and lit up a candle.

The heat from the flame showed the hidden words inscribed using ink mixed with lemon juice.

Adelina read the letter and chuckled.

[Bitch, your family wants you dead. What shit luck you have. They offered me a very tempting deal, should I accept? Ha, nevermind. It’s beneath me to kill a friend. They are planning to poison you and set you up on a carriage accident. And there’s a rat spying on you. Thank me later for this warning. Hmmp.]

There is no sender but this tsundere way of writing is definitely Daniella Agrielle.

It’s definitely worth befriending her.

In the novel [Queen of Hearts], Adelina was killed in an accident manipulated by Daniella Agrielle.

But it turns out, it was actually the Medallians who was behind it.