Tale 12

Tale 12
The Duke’s Return

“So how does it feel to betray someone who wholehearted trusts you, Sabby?” Adelina asked with a sweet smile

Sabrina shivered, a voice inside her keeps urging her to ran and save herself. The woman in front of her.... is a monster.

“I’m very disappointed in you Sabby. And to be honest, I’m hurt by your betrayal. So I will give you a chance to explain your self.” Adelina

Sabrina have the Legacy of Invisibility. She’s the perfect candidate to become a spy. No wonder the three old fogies decided to use her. Adelina fully trusts her, and she’s very good at acting innocent and concern too.

“I.... I’m sorry..”

“Hmm? Is that all you have to say for yourself, Sabby?”

“I just... I.. I hate you.. Why are you always the one above me? Why can’t I be the Duchess instead? What’s so good about a weakling like you? You’re so pathetic that it’s laughable. The Duke obviously hates you, so why? Why can’t it be me?!”

Adelina smiled, “And you call Lilianna a backstabber. Then what are you?”

“I... I’m not like her! I’am so much better than you or that bitch! Even back at the academy! I do better in school but because you’re a Medallian, people kept praising you. It should have been me! Everything you have, I deserve it too!”

“Oh Sabby, I’m really disappointed in you. Are you also the one behind the rumours about me?”

“Tsk, so what?”

“You’ve been spying on me but it seems you still don’t fully understand what I can do.”

“Are you threatening me?”

A loud slap echoed on the room, “No, I’m warning you. Out of consideration for the time we spent together, I will let you go. But if you ever show your face in front of me ever again, then I’m sorry, I will break your limbs one by one and make sure that you’ll suffer a life that is worst than death.”

Sabrina touched her swollen cheek, she couldn’t respond. A part of her is angry. But there’s also a part that is afraid. She’s afraid of Adelina.

***

Adelina went back to the North without Sabrina.

This puzzled Luella, Devin and Maxwell.

They all know that the two were good friends.

Adelina didn’t went into details, she only said that Sabrina betrayed her, so she won’t be back anymore.

The trio couldn’t believe what she just said.

But they gave her some time alone upon realizing that the Duchess was the one who was saddened the most about it.

Adelina was feeling down for a couple of days.

But she decided to focus her mind working for the Dukedom instead.

The Duke will be gone for a few years so she must do her best on his stead.

Adelina subconsciously hugged herself.

Every time she thinks about him, there is a weird feeling inside her heart.

It’s as if a part of her has gone missing.

She wants to see him.

“........”

Wait..