The Bandit King Saved The Day?

Game Shop

Ryou Bakura waited for the return of everyone. He was warned about what was going on, but when Jounouchi had his emergency, they all left. He continued to concentrate on the best plans he could to protect what he could.

I suppose I could just be extra nice and ask Jounouchi and Mai politely to leave with me? But is that enough, that might not be enough. The extra beds in the house, it should be a good indicator that everything would be fine. The last one only considered Jounouchi worth sparing. Then, he saw Jounouchi return with his early bundle. Right behind him was Yuugi and Atem. Nobody looked well. Oh. Mai probably didn’t make it. It was a miracle the baby seemed to. “You’re back.”

Jounouchi just gave a slight nod. “This is Mana,” he said. 

Ryou Bakura came closer to check her out. “She’s rather bigger than I thought.”

“She had enough power to pull through,” Jounouchi said. “She’s been fused with her monster.”

Oh. “Sorry, Jounouchi.”

“Nah, nah. She’s still my daughter,” Jounouchi said. “Monster or whatever. Although I think I just pimped out my sister to Kaiba.”

“Pardon?” Ryou didn’t understand.

“Jounouchi asked for help for Shizuka,” Yuugi said dully. “Whenever they help, life changing events happen. Quickly.” 

Ryou Bakura nodded but looked at Atem and Yuugi. “Where’s Anzu and Satiah?”

“Gone!” Yuugi broke down as he closed his eyes and started to cry. “He just up and made them disappear.”

“He wants to keep the prizes until after we win the game,” Atem said a little more calm, but still just as perturbed. “Since the gods do nothing but appease him to play, we have little choice.”

“Oh. I’m sorry,” Ryou Bakura apologized.

“They never cared about anything else but appeasing him!” Yuugi complained openly to the world. “Now, Anzu is pregnant. So’s Satiah, but they aren’t having regular babies.”

Ryou Bakura could feel Bakura was finally coming around to the surface. “They are pregnant already? Now?”

“Maybe. There is a good chance they could have had them.” Atem sounded so much more solemn than usual. “He took them to a gods realm. They are human with light and dark power.” Atem was trying hard. His body was shaking, but out of fear or anger, Ryou Bakura couldn’t tell.

“And you just let Set wander off with them without doing a damn thing?!” Bakura was awake and back now. “Shameful. You left your own to be devoured by Set!”

“He won’t do anything without risking the game!” Atem yelled back at him. “What else can we do? The power we do have overwhelms the Earth and can destroy it. He knows neither Yuugi or I would use it. We have theories about our half pendants, but we don’t know for sure. That leaves me nothing to fight him with for now.”

“The time will come.” Yuugi tried to sound positive. “We can be stronger one day.” He looked at the mirror. Anzu had it to the side. All he could see was the sidings of the boat. It was left behind. “One day, we can stop it all.”

“Your idiots. Your absolute morons,” Bakura offended them more. “Have you no brains? Do you only think with power? Not everyone has power absolute all the time, and when you don’t, you use your brain. You know, that thing on top of your shoulders.”

“Of course there’s more than power, there is strategy!” Yuugi scolded him. “But he just vanished with them. To a place we can’t follow.”