Chapter 1: The Satiah Card

This Follows the Manga: This story follows the manga. Yes, from the beginning to Dark Side of Dimensions special. If you only know the anime of it, I'll make a note of it whenever something comes up that needs explained. So, spoilers for manga and the movie expected.

Warning: I did research for Ancient Egyptian gods, their beliefs about death, the soul, it's people, but there are many mythology stories and sides to it all and a lot of info. I tried to capture a glimpse without going too far. This story will reach into evil gods, good gods, apocalyptic times, relationships, meaning of a soul and so much more. If any of that offends you, do not read.

------------------------------

Before Battle City, After Duelist Kingdom

Notes for Manga in this chapter: Pegasus never gave Yuugi a winning card. Pegasus actually died. Pegasus was actually American while Yuugi and his friends live in Domino City, Japan. The prologue is longer than the rest of the chapters.

Notes for speech in this chapter: Atem speaks in bold and italic to Yuugi. Yuugi speaks in plain italics.

Prologue: The Satiah Card

Seto Kaiba had heard of every card. He knew of each of their powers. He knew their strengths and their weaknesses. He had tried to strive for perfection, experience with every card. The only ones he never could attain had belonged to Pegasus. Toonworld.

That's what he thought at least. Somehow, his company had found a new card. Considered fake or just a decoration someone made. Mokuba had actually been the one to find it, always trying to help him.

After purchasing, Mokuba said it was real. It wasn't fake, it worked with their duel disk system, modern and classics. So, Seto Kaiba took it for a spin.

The card had a pretty picture of a woman with blonde hair. It looked human, like a self-portrait, which is why Mokuba had checked for it deeply before bothering him with it. It was a picture of Cyndia, Pegasus' former love. But, it was also a working card. What did it do? Kaiba laid out the card on his virtual disc system.

The same appearance was there from the card. Besides not being happy the digital version looked exactly the same. "Alright," Seto Kaiba said, feeling somewhat foolish. It better not just smile and say 'hello, honey' or something like that. It probably did, considering who it was based off of. But, Seto knew every card. If it was a worthless card, he had to find out. "Now, let's see what you can do. Since I don't know the names of your attacks, or your attack power, we'll stick with the tried and true." Seto Kaiba pointed to the opposite side of the field to a weak enemy his employee was playing against him. He hated when amateur cards like this existed. No attack and no defense clearly written on the card. Maybe that's why it never made it into circulation? "Cyndia, attack!"

Hm. No attack? Then it was a magic or a trap card. Kaiba summoned another monster. "Attack my monster card," he commanded his employee. He watched as his monster started to get attacked and tried to call for her to use her magic to save it.

No. He set it up again and had her spring her trap. No. "What does it do?" Was Mokuba sure it was a real card? So far, the card had only stood in the middle of the duel, looking around perplexed. "Maybe it has a power after it's been destroyed." He instructed his employee to attack it head on with his strongest monster.

But the card . . . moved out of the way. "How did that card move and why?" Was it similar to Pegasus' properties of toonworld when he changed his monsters? A high missing accuracy? He instructed his employee to keep trying, but again and again, the card just dove around.