038

april 17th, 2024
3:21 pm

JOSHUA SLUMPED DOWN INTO his couch, lifting a hand to his brow and wiping

The NBA playoffs were starting in a couple of weeks and in turn, Joshua's coach had ramped up more practices to get his team ready for whatever team they had to face.

He was fucking exhausted but it was nice to have something to focus on other than how horrible his personal life was currently going.

It had been one solid week and a day since he had last seen and spoken to Ayoluwa but no matter how long it had been, Joshua still felt scatterbrained and betrayed.

Scatterbrained because he was still trying to decide if he had partly deserved what had happened at her house but betrayed because Joshua still loved her so much.

Joshua readjusted his head to focus his attention on the city below him instead of his tv and started to tap his fingers against the leather to the left of him.

The doorbell ringing interrupted Joshua's monotony and caused him to roll his eyes before standing to his feet.

The doorbell was ringing incessantly as he walked to his front door and soon turned into two fists banging loudly against the wooden door.

"What the hell?" Joshua muttered to himself as he pulled the door open to reveal his brother Caleb and Shareef O'Neal.

He raised an eyebrow at the sight of the two, his facial expression clearly showing that he was wondering why they were on this side of the country.

"Um..." Joshua trailed off, "Clearly I need to move. What are you guys doing here?"

Shareef scowled at the crack but allowed Caleb to speak first, "Ayo called us to drag you to the doctor's appointment."

"What doctor's appointment?"

Shareed rolled his eyes, "She knew you'd forget. The one today at four?"

Joshua furrowed his brows, "She could've called me instead of flying you two here. Just because me and her have problems right now doesn't mean that I would stop being there for Nas."

Shareef sighed, "She wasn't sure that asking would be enough to make you go. Plus, I've been meaning to visit her anyway."

Joshua rolled his eyes and Shareef continued, "Just be happy that it was Woo and me and not Dior and me."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Joshua interrupted him in an annoyed tone as he slipped on the closest pair of shoes and grabbed his keys off of the hook, "Is she there already?"