Please read

So basically I've been planning this for a while. I've decided to do this in first person, as I feel I am better at writing in that way. The characters point of view you will be reading from is Merri's.
{notes on Merri}
Name: Merri
Role: Main character, POV, investigator
Age: 11 years old
Gender: Female
Appearance: She is short and thin yet very strong. Her hair is light brown and she has one emerald green eye and one radiant blue eye. She is very pale. She likes to wear simple light blue dresses.

Description of her: Merri is an eleven year old genius. After the murder of her parents at just six years of age, she decided to work as an investigator. Do not underestimate this young lady because of her age, as she is better at this job than most others. With a determined and calm personality, she solves murder cases in hopes to one day find the killer who brutally murdered her parents without a trace left behind.

She was once home schooled and is very rich.
She won't rest until she finds the killer, though she is slightly scared to find out who it was.
She's very mature for her age, but still has her childish moments.
{End of Merri notes}

I hope you enjoy my new book! Please feel free to comment. Once it is finished please let me know if you want a second one.