Chapter 2 - Vincent King

Please Remember to Vote and Comment! :) 

Enjoyy

Chapter Two – Vincent King

He stood at the top of the staircase. One hand placed precariously on the railing, while the other was tucked into the pocket of his suit trousers. His black – no doubt designer – suit jacket was left un-done, allowing his rather fitting shirt to outline his undoubtedly toned abs. He wore no tie and allowed the top few buttons to lay unfastened against his chest. His dark tousled hair fell gently over his right eye, as he stared me down. I regretted letting my eyes become captured by his smouldering blue ones, oval in shape and lined with long dark lashes. They were mesmerising, his prominent jaw line and angular nose only highlighting them as he walked down the steps.

He was shockingly handsome, and more astonishing than that, he was a lot younger than I expected. I'd place him in his late twenties – though not a day over thirty.

"Mr King." He introduced himself as he came to a stop in front of me. I then noticed how he reached out his hand for me to shake.

"Bara." I mumbled taking hold of his hand, though not daring to look up and allow my eyes to become captivated by his once again. Afraid that if I did a blush would give away how attracted I was to him.

"If I am not mistaken Miss Hayes. Your name is Barbara." I couldn't help it; my eyes immediately looked up to meet his. I tried not to glare at the man in front of me – the handsome man who for some un-known reason was letting me stay in his amazing home free of charge, but it was hard. I hated my old fashioned name and anyone who called my by it really irked me. His gaze though was so confident – condescending almost that it had me biting my tongue.

"I prefer Bara." I explained trying to stay calm.

"And I Miss Hayes..." My breath caught at the way he spoke my name, and then stopped altogether as he placed his fingers under my chin, pulling my head up to look at him. "Prefer Barbara." He whispered his eyes smouldering but stern at the same time. He left no room to argue, and all too soon he dropped his fingers, leaving a tingly aftermath upon my skin.

"Rayne." His head snapped up to look at the woman who still stood silently to our left. "Please take Miss Hayes to the spare room." He ordered, his tone leaving no room for discussion.

"Which room Sir?" She asked and it was hard not to realise how her voice had changed as she spoke to Mr King. I also noticed how he gave me a quick glance before answering her.

"The second floor room will be adequate." He answered her coldly.

"B-But..." She began to object, until Mr King shot her an icy glare.

"Miss Hayes," His expression cleared as he looked back down at me. "If you will please meet me on the terrace once you are settled. Rayne will show you where it is."

I nodded knowing I really had no choice, but also becoming aware that having the opportunity to spend more time with this bewilderingly handsome man wasn't an opportunity I'd turn down either.

Rayne led me up the winding staircase and I couldn't help but notice how the black and white colour scheme was kept throughout the upstairs hallway also. I frowned slightly. I wasn't a fan of such dull colours.

"Here." She almost grumbled as she pushed open the door we stood in front of. I could tell she wasn't happy, as I went to thank her only to see her glaring at me. I gulped. There was something about her which had my nerves on edge.