Chapter 4 - World at Our Feet

Please remember to vote and comment, i will be forever grateful for your support. :)

Chapter 4 – World at our feet

-

The vast sprawling grounds of the University seemed frighteningly overwhelming, as Jacob led us through the wrath of college students. With dismay I realised pretty early on, that my plan of ridding myself of my fresher's map by the end of the day, was not going to happen. I was certain the damn thing would be stuck to my face like glue for the next week – or maybe even longer.

By the time Jacob's 'Grand Tour' had come to an end, I was still feeling rather un-easy as he led me and Theo into the grand lecture theatre.

"Now do you remember where the Architecture building is from here?" Jacob asked as we found a couple of seats.

"Erm yeah, I'm sure this baby will help me." I grimaced waving my map in front of my face begrudgingly.

He laughed lightly, before he reached into his pocket and pulled out a scrap piece of paper. "Here," he smiled causing his green eyes to light up with warmth. "- Just in case you get lost." He finished with a wink, passing me the paper, which I quickly realised was his number.

"Smooth" I agreed, nodding my head in amusement.

"Well I do try." He grinned. "Anyway, as much as I would love to sit and listen to an hour of mind numbingly boring speeches, I have a football game to train for. Later's darlin." He winked and then he was off, leaving a stunned Theo and I to stare after him.

"Thanks" I found myself muttering after him.

"Save me now." Theo breathed causing me to laugh.

"Yeah – have fun with that." I could only imagine what it would be like to dorm with Jacob. He seemed to be Mr Popular around this place, everywhere we went someone would holler his name. I was sure Theo would have no shortage of dorm parties.

"Thanks." He grumbled beside me, his voice was quiet as the theatre dropped into silence. So let the mind numbingly boring speeches commence.

-

"What you up to tonight?" Theo asked as we made our way out of the theatre.

"Nothing, probably just unpacking." I shrugged, it was the truth. I had made no plans for tonight, maybe because I was deftly trying to rid any thoughts of Mr King from my head, at least whilst I was in college.

"Wanna do something?"

"I have things to -" I shut my mouth on further thought. Maybe prolonging the return home would be a good thing. I mean there was hardly any rush. "Actually why not, what do you have in mind?"

"Well I was planning on just chilling at the dorm, but on second thought's why don't you give Jacob a call and see what he's doing?" I stared at him dumbfounded.

"Are you being serious?" I asked incredulously, I didn't think Theo liked Jacob much.

"Well yeah, I mean as much as he gets on my nerves, I'm sure he's having one hell of a party tonight."

"Of course." I sighed rolling my eyes. "That doesn't mean I'm going to call him."

"What?! No fair Bara. Come on, for me?" He pleaded causing me to sigh.

 "Urg! Fine, but you owe me big time. He's going to get the impression I'm into him now, you do know that right?" I frowned.

"That's my girl." He grinned, hanging his arm around my shoulder as we walked through the grounds. "You know you could always say you're dating me, he'll back right off."