Ch.10 - The Beach [Part 1]

Aoba still felt depressed. It was a struggle to get him out of the bed early in the morning. After a good breakfast Mink arrived in his car, Noiz already in it from picking him up. The rest of the boys hurried over to the jeep, Koujaku sitting in the front, much to Noiz's dismay, Ren, Aoba and Clear sitting in the back. Mink drove them across the city, right to the beach. As soon as they arrived, Aoba's eyes lit up. The scent of sea salt made his heart race. The sight alone brought back memories. Good ones. The boys dismounted the jeep. Noiz smirked.

"Look Aoba, I'm going to taste the water for you!" Noiz said. Koujaku was quick to object, however.

"Not if I get in the water first." Silence. Suddenly, at the same time, Koujaku and Noiz started to run side by side, stripping themselves from their clothing along the way.

"You idiots wa-!" Mink protested, only to get his head covered by Koujaku's kimono. Sandals went flying, so did shirts, pants, and any pieces of clothing that weren't swimming attire.

"I WIN!" The two yelled before diving into the water. Needless to say it was a tie. The two surfaced, only to bicker about how the other had lost.

"I entered the water a second in a half faster than you!"

"As if, old man!"

As the two bickered, they heard a loud whistle that caught their attention. Turning their heads they saw Clear smiling, and Ren holding up two swim suits. One was a pair of boardshorts colored different shades of green, the other was a pair of swim jammers colored red with some dark red leaf pattern. It was their swimsuits. The idiots had forgotten to get them on. It was only now that they realized it; they were naked. Koujaku's face flushed red.

"R-REN, THROW IT TO ME!" He asked.

"Throw mine too." Noiz said, rather calmly.

Koujaku glared at him. "How come you're so calm about this?!"

Noiz smirked. "I'm not afraid if Aoba sees my package...unless want to see, old man?" Koujaku made a disgusted noise before swimming away from Noiz, glaring at him from his distance.

"As if I'd ever be into you."

"Uh-huh."

Ren eventually stopped laughing, and handed them over their swimsuits as the rest of the boys stripped to their own swimwear. Clear wore a white pair of swimming briefs with yellow jellyfish designs on them, tightly adjusted around his hips and loose around the ends for comfort. Mink wore long, black swim jammers that reached to his ankles with pink lining, and a matching swimming shirt. Ren wore dark blue swimming trunks, and Aoba wore sky blue swimming trunks, his hair made into a ponytail. Clear helped Mink put up some towels, a large umbrella and some fold up chairs around their area. Aoba, with his wrists covered in bandages still, ran into the water and jumped right in, landing between Koujaku and Noiz. When he surfaced, he proceeded to splash the two and swim away, having them give chase. Mink sat on a chair, reading a book as he rested under the shade of the umbrella. Ren entertained himself by building a sand castle, building a mote to make sure the rising tide wouldn't get it. Clear started to swim far, and further, and further. Koujaku caught up to Aoba, picking him up as he wrapped his arms around his waist.

"Got you know!" Koujaku teased, hearing as Aoba laughed brightly and struggled to get away playfully. Koujaku let himself drop back, the two of them falling into the water. As Koujaku let go of Aoba and opened his eyes, he saw Aoba floating right in front of him. He was smiling and looking at Koujaku with gleaming eyes that just glowed with joy. Time seemed to stop, the two of them floating right in front of each other, drifting closer. Their faces were inches apart, maybe less, from touching. Aoba felt the tattoo that Koujaku usually hid on his face. Koujaku's face blushed brightly, and leaned in for the kiss...until he froze and red tainted the water.