Ch. 14 - Found (Again)

Aoba spent his day at the the shop hiding his worry under a facade. He helped with stacking items, helped with inventory, even the siblings came to visit, where Aoba once again witnessed them being chased out once they called Haga baldy. It all brought back good memories, but also made him realize how much time he had simply lost in a year alone. What would he do now? What could he do now? He could probably work at the shop again. He was good with this kind of stuff. He was good at fixing AllMates and with technology in general. He wasn't a genius like Noiz, but good enough to make it work. He could have a life again. His thoughts however were interrupted at the sound of someone tapping on the glass door upfront. He stood up from the desk, walking over to open the door, where three AllMates entered right in, straight into Aoba.

"AOBA!"

"Beni?" Aoba asked, holding the AllMate that had crashed into his chest. Huracan landed on Aoba's shoulder, as Noiz's Usagimodoki floating up to him as well. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Something terrible has happened!" Huracan said, his usual calm demeanor overcome with panic, which only made Aoba begin to have a sinking feeling in his stomach.

"What's going on? Where are the others?" Aoba asked, looking back and forth at the three AllMates in front of him. Before any of them could take turns to explain, they heard the jingle of the door opening once more as Clear walked into the shop.

"Clear." Aoba said, smiling as he felt a sigh of relief escape his lips. But before he could greet him, the three AllMates quickly stood between them. "What are you guys-?"

"Get away from him, Aoba!" Beni hissed as he charged straight at Clear.

"Beni wait!" Aoba called. Beni ignored him, charging straight at Clear as he began to peck at his head. Clear didn't flinch, as suddenly and accurately slapped at Beni while he attacked him, sending Beni flying back and falling down. Aoba could feel his heart stop at his throat.

That's not Clear.

"Aoba, I've come to pick you up." Clear spoke, his tone calm as he gave the faintest of smile.

That's not Clear.

Beni shook his head, flying back to Aoba as he glared at Clear. Aoba could feel his legs beginning to shake. Out. He had to get out.

"Aoba?" Clear spoke up again, tilting his head slightly.

"I," Aoba began. The backroom. The backroom window. "Alright. Let me just get my stuff from the back room." Aoba said, giving Clear a smile before he turned and headed to the back room. When he reached out of Clear's sight, his smile faded, quickly hurrying to the window at the back room. He gently opened it up, looking back to keep watch in case Clear decided to look for him. He managed to opened it up as silently as possible, and just as quietly, he climbed over and out, closing the window behind him before making a run for it with the AllMates.

"That's not Clear." Aoba repeated, not able to believe it even after witnessing it.

"He's Clear...he's just not in control of his body." Huracan corrected.

"You don't mean..." Aoba asked, only slowing down as he ran out of breath.

"He was manipulated by Scrap, similar to what Toue did long ago." Beni explained. 

"And the others?" Aoba looked up, Huracan lowering his gaze.

"They have suffered the same fate." He said. Aoba felt tears threatening to leave his eyes at the thought of it.

"Aoba...the one who did this was-" Huracan spoke, but Aoba was quick to interrupt.

"I know." Aoba said, continuing to walk, hiding himself in the alleyways he had come to memorize. "Virus and Trip." The three AllMates looked at each other before looking at Aoba. "I heard it. All of it, last night. I...I should've stopped them. I should've said something but-!" Aoba stopped, gritting his teeth.