Ch 31 Epiphany

No we can't be friends- level 8

Marcus POV

I followed my same old routine.

Wake up early.

Conduct business.

Kill some.

Drink some more.

& repeat.

I don't know how to carry on without her. Within a short period of time she has taken over me. She was my heart. After a long time I let myself feel something, for someone. And yet I was wrong about her, she broke my heart.

I am not that kind of a guy who just because had the power to raise hell, will kill everyone in the way and make her mine forcefully. If I wanted I had the opportunity to take out Henry out of the equation and things would be easy but I knew doing that would drive her away from me. Not closer. I don't want her body or an empty shell. I genuinely loved her, I wanted her heart. Thus the choice should be Hers. If that means I have to let her go, be it. hell, I was sure and I knew she felt something for me. Or was it just something my heart fooled me into?

I don't know about anything anymore.

The day she was engaged to Henry. I took the earliest flight out of there.

Right now I am at my beach house at Whitehaven Beach in Queensland, Australia.

It's been 5 months since then still I wasn't able to forget her. By this time she must have had a wedding and forgot all about me. Then why can't I?

I had been working my ass off for the couple of days, thus Vincent suggest we take a day off today. He was worried about me. The last time I drove so deep when .... Well that's a story for another time. But that's what I was afraid off. If I give myself time to relax, or think. All comes to mind her memories. Perhaps she was right our worlds are different. She could never been happy with me. I kill people and she saves lives. We opposite to each other. If She was with me her life would had been in danger always. I am not a soldier anymore if anything happens to me she will be left vulnerable. If anything happens to her I will die too. She is my life. Perhaps it's better she is far away from me. From the danger. From pain and suffering. But still my wanders to how is she? Is she happy? Is she sad? Does she think of me? What I was to her?

Does she miss me?

I poured myself another glass of scotch. To drown my brain out. The voices out. The battle of my internal monologue.

"Drinking this early morning?" Vincent came to my room.

"You were the one who told me to relax and take a break."

"That didn't meant drown yourself in drinks. I thought you might hit the beach and chase some babes." He took a seat beside me. "Still missing her?"

I scoffed,"who?"