The D-Day

Naina and Preeti's holidays come to an end and they go back to Mumbai. Preeti tells Kamya and Hema about Naina's wedding.

"Naina sacchi teri shadi fix ho gayi hai?" Kamya asks excitedly.

"Haan Kamya, yeh sach hai." Naina tells her.

"Hamare jijaji ka naam kya hai, aur woh kaise hai, kya karte hai, sab kuch bata na. Unki photo dikha na." Hema asks them.

"Arre shant, itne sawal kaun poochta hai hum sab batate hai." Preeti says

"Jijaji ka naam Sameer Maheshwari hai. Woh papa ke friend ke bete hai. Unki apni company hai Maheshwari Constructions. Kaise hai yeh humko bhi nahi pata". Preeti says.

"Kya matlab nahi pata. Jijaji se mili ho to pata hoga na kaise hai". Kamya asks.

"Jijaji se mile hi nahi hai. Unke mummy papa dada dadi aaye the, Naina ko pasand kiya aur baat pakki kar di". Preeti tells them.

"Ek minute, Naina tu jijaji se nahi mili hai. Matlab tumne bina dekhe hi haan kar di". Hema asks surprisingly.

"Papa ko pasand aa gaye to maine haan kar di. Unke ghar wale acche hai to woh bhi acche honge na". Naina replies.

"Naina tumne bina dekhe haan kar di. Tum ek baar bhi nahi mili ho". Kamya is shocked to hear this.

"Chhod na Kamya. Chalo class mein chalte hai, professor aane wale honge". Saying this Naina walks ahead. Kamya and Hema look at Preeti. She also gave a main kya karoon look and walked towards her class.

In the meantime, families fixed the date of the wedding also. 12th May was the day when Naina and Sameer were going to tie the knot.

Months pass by in making all the preparations for the wedding. Rama along with Vishakha come to Mumbai for Naina's shopping.

Naina, Preeti, Rama and Vishakha go out shopping. They go for saree and suit shopping. Vishakha and Rama buy sarees for Naina. Rama also buys for Maheshwari ladies without letting Vishakha know. On the other hand, Vishakha also buys a saree for Rama and a suit for Preeti.

Next day they went jewellery shopping as Vishakha wanted to understand the taste of Naina. She also wanted her ring size, hence they bought her a ring too. They stayed in Mumbai for 3-4 days and then came back to Ahmedabad. Maheshwaris go shopping for jewellery for Naina as Vishakha had already understood the kind of jewellery she would like.

Time was passing by and examinations of Naina and Preeti had started. The whole schedule lasted for 15 days. After their examinations got done, Rakesh came to wind up and pick up the girls. It was 1st May by the time they all came back from Mumbai.

On 4th May, the first guest of Agarwal's arrived. She was Naina and Preeti's dadi bua, the only elder of the family. Rama did pahelpavni of bua dadi and invited her. She then explains to them all the rituals to be done during the wedding.

The start of the wedding will be with Ganesh Puja, followed by lagan, then haldi and tel, then mehendi. Since engagement of the to be weds didn't happen earlier, bua dadi suggested to do before the jaimala. Rama said she will consult Vishakha and then make a decision.

Rama calls up Vishakha. "Hello". Vishakha speaks from the other side.

"Namaste bhabhi, main Rama bol rahi hoon. Kaisi hai aap". Rama asks her.

"Main bilkul theek hoon. Aap kaisi hai aur hamari beti kaisi hai?" Vishakha asks her too.

"Hum sab bhi badhiya hai. Woh aapse kuch baat karni thi". Rama says.

"Haan bhabhi, bataiye kya hua". Vishakha asks Rama.

"Woh actually, bachon ki shaadi ki rasmon ke baare mein baat karni thi. Hamari buaji aa gayi hai to woh keh rahi thi ki jaise bachon ki engagement nahi hui hai abhi tak, to jaimala ke pehle kar dete hai. Aap ko agar theek lage to bataiye." Rama tells Vishakha.