𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤

Jacob Black

Jacob Black. A person that Daniella liked, more overly, loved. He was an enigma of both confusing and a challenge. Confusing, because he can't seem to know what he wants in life and a challenge, because he was a difficult piece to fit in a puzzle. Yet, with his flaws and faults, Daniella had a special place in her heart for him, and only him. Even when those faults are playing with feelings and fire.

Daniella's eyes narrowed, looking behind her. Jacob had followed her on her morning trek into the woods and she was itching to know why. Her eyebrows furrowed in skepticism. She took one step forward and he followed. She finally had enough and halted, him just stopping a few steps behind her. "Yes, Jacob?" she asked expectantly, placing both hands on her hips, as she stood on top of a large root.

He smiled awkwardly. Before any of this happened, she analyzed him. He got more bulky, muscly, he cropped his hair short and now, he walked around half naked all the time. Daniella blinked as the silence stretched. He shook his head. "Nothing. I just wanted to spend my time with you." he excused. Reason is; he wanted to protect her. She was alone in the forest after all and a vampire was on the loose.

She let out an unsatisfied hum, hopping off the root and onto the forest floor. "I know when you're lying. You avert your eyes when you do and try to find something more interesting to look at." she shot his excuse down and looked at him with pursed lips. "What's wrong?" she asked this time. He let out a sigh and sauntered towards her and to the root behind her. He sat down on the damp, mossy wood and turned her to look at him.

She looked at him, face contorting into one of confusion. "You're weird behavior is scaring me." she said, before sitting beside him. He let out a sigh and turned his head towards her as she looked at the natural scenery. "I wanted to protect you." he admitted. Her attention snapped towards him. She rose an eyebrow, slightly suspicious. He had never been this worried when she took a small stroll in the forest. What had changed?

"Protect me from what?" she asked softly. She didn't know what riled him up as of that moment and tried to soothe his nerves. Every since she had went back to the Black's residence, with so much protests from Emily, Jacob had been paranoid about things. For example, when she winced when she accidentally touched the side of the kettle, he rushed to her side and babied her for the rest of the evening. She liked his attention, but it disconcerted her.

Jacob sighed once again and crossed his legs. A small breeze swept through the forest, her braided hair flowing up before it settled. It gave them a small satisfying chill. "We have been chasing someone who's on the run. We're making small progress, but it's quite hard to attack them when they jump on trees." he explained. She nodded in understanding and pointed towards herself.

"And this connects to me, how?" she asked again. Jacob turned his whole body towards her and took her hands in his. "Because I yearn to protect you." he replied, all honest. She licked her bottom lip, an uncanny glint flashing by her eyes. Be that as it may, she smiled warmly at him. It was quite refreshing to have Jacob fret about her more than Bella, but that also doesn't last.

He stood up and looked around. "Well, I have to get going." he stated, making her face morph into disbelief. That was a such a brief exchange. "Why?" she questioned, holding onto his larger hand before he took off. He let out a breath, feeling the warmth of her hand radiating against his. He loved it, he did. "I have to watch out for Bella."

And just like that, his hand dropped to his side, him missing the warmth even more that he had a small taste of it. "Okay." she simply responded before standing up and jumping over the root and going deeper into the forest. He hesitated when he heard her footsteps fade but he went on and walked towards Bella's house.

Daniella held a blank face. Just as she was was making progress, it all tumbled down when that name slipped his lips. She hugged herself, stepping over outgrown roots, brushing past bushes and towards the direction of the clearing, where Gyu waited every morning. Jacob was so strange fellow. She felt like the lovesick fool.

The imprint bond flipped his whole perspective and he was still getting used to being a wolf. Even with the bond, his bloomed feelings still lingered. It was still so strong that he still ran after Bella. However, despite Bella, his feelings for Daniella are growing in a fast rate. He didn't know if it was the bond or actually him who likes her.

Daniella felt like am option. When Bella wasn't around, Jacob would be with her. When the opposite, Jacob disappeared into the world of his emotions and fantasy. Maybe love wasn't fit for a merfolk after all and that death was the consequence of leaving the water.

 Maybe love wasn't fit for a merfolk after all and that death was the consequence of leaving the water