Sartaaj سرتاج

" Would you care for some cookies, Your Majesty?" Baasit wiggled around in his chair, searching for that comfortable spot as he offered the plate of cookies to his guests.

Well, they were the ones hosting him but got bored within the first five minutes!

" Yes!" A bobble of a head confirmed before going back to their gossip session.

" Might I suggest the coconut and cream ones, Your Royal Highnesses? They go excellent with honey sweetened milk" he smiled at his former hosts and they nodded in excitement again.

" Lovely" Baasit smiled politely and passed on the plate to them.

He moved around some more but the darned chair was just too uncomfortable!

" More Milk for Your Excellency?" He picked up the jug to pour in their cups when a small body collided with him, almost spilling the milk on his scared little hostesses.

" You brats!" Baasit placed the milk jug back on the table before holding the culprits by their collars.

" Where are you off to?" He pulled them back to where he was sitting and was met with barely contained giggles.

" Truck racing" Saafir laughed at his Chachu's question and the other two boys grinned at him.

" And you Smelly Fishes! Aren't you supposed to be the older ones here?" Baasit narrowed his eyes at the Dehwaar boys who smiled back mischievously.

" What if my babies got hurt? Baasit picked up the startled girls in his arms and cooed softly in their ears.

His darling little nieces.

Hanan and Darejaan.

The High Tea Hostesses!

" Sorry Mamu" the twins apologized together and Badr even went as far as tickling Darejaan and kissing her cheeks lovingly.

" Sorry Chachu" Saafir grinned at him and kissed his baby sister too.

The fluffy little baby was everyone's favorite!

" Shakal gum karo yaha se tum teeno" Baasit dismissed the boys who were only too eager to get back to their racing.

" My baby was scared?" He cooed at Hanan who pouted at her Mamu but didn't cry.

The two girls were extremely pampered and protected by the entire family.

" Baasu, why is Huzaifaa having a panic attack?" Mahad walked in the lounge with the cordless landline phone in his hand and his mobile in the other.

" Huzaifaa?" Baasit looked at his brother in confusion as his nieces struggled in his arms to reach out to Mahad.

" Mamu ki Jaan" Mahad took Hanan from Baasit as he kissed her little head that she placed on his shoulder.

" Baba ke dil ka sukoon" he picked up his daughter too from his brother's hold who was still thinking about what would his manager possibly want.

" Baasu! Huzaifaa is still on line" Mahad said exasperatedly as his girls played with his beard.

" Oh yes" Baasit answered the cordless and placed the receiver away from his ears as a loud voice blasted his eardrums.

" Oh shi..." he began only to change his route midway as Mahad glared at him.

They were very careful with what was said in the children's presence.

" ...zam! Oh shizam!" Baasit began panicking as his manager reminded him about his schedule for the week.