Sartaaj-۵

" Ma Sha Allah kya noor aaya hain meri dulhan ke chehrey par" Baasit mused as he admired his wife.

" Uzair aap kyu aayein hain yaha!" Arjuman scolded him or rather whisper yelled at him as she sat at her vanity, carefully removing her yellow flowers jewelry.

" Kyu aaya se kya matlab hain tumhaara? Apni biwi ko dekhne aaya hoon, uski khoobsurati ko nihaarne aaya hoon" Baasit said dramatically and sprawled over her bed entirely.

" Aapko Mama ne kal bhi nikaala tha na mere kamrey se!" Arjuman stood up slowly and walked over to her husband on the bed.

" Ab bas dou hi din reh gaye hain humare Nikaah mein, phir tum hamesha ke liye mere paas aajaogi" he pulled her down on the bed and laid his head in her lap, snuggling his face in her belly.

" Hmmm" Arjuman hummed while raking fingers through his hair.

" What is it Baby?" Baasit looked up at her when he sensed her lack of response.

" If given the chance, would you have married someone else?" She asked him in a small voice.

" I mean you were forced to marry me that day..." She trailed off not knowing how to proceed further.

" You're forgetting that I was given the chance to marry someone else. And it felt like I was being sent to the gallows instead!" Baasit looked deep in her blue eyes as he still laid in her lap.

" But when I was asked to marry you, despite the circumstances I knew that nothing could ever be as right as this moment right now. This exact second that I'm marrying the love of my life. So no..." He swept his arm behind her neck and gently pulled her face down to his level.

" Even if I were given a million chances, I will never marry anyone other than my Arjuman" he whispered against her lips before swooping in for a kiss.

Arjuman almost cried at the gentleness that her husband's kiss exuded, sliding her hands on his chest and caressing it ever so softly.

" I know I've not been the bestest of husbands and I know I had stripped your rights as my wife away but never again. Never will you ever be asked to do anything that you're not comfortable with. That you don't condone" Baasit said ruefully as he caressed her now swollen lips.

" I had promised you that you won't ever have to make any sacrifice again and I'll always honor that promise Arjuman. Always!" He kissed her again while still laying down in her lap.

It was his most favorite place ever!

" Waise kaafi dashing lag rahe they aap aaj" Arjuman teased him and laughed when he pinched her waist.

" Badmaash! Shohar ko chidhaati hou" Baasit narrowed his eyes at her and she laughed even harder at that.

It was their haldi function today and her husband's brothers and their wives had drenched him in the Haldi paste along with ubtan and eggs! The biggest revenge was taken by his sister who had slapped a raw egg on his head as a punishment for hiding his relationship from them. For hiding his wife in plain sight!

Baasit looked exactly like a marinated chicken ready to be grilled in a tandoor!

" It took me four hours to remove that smell and my shower stall is still stinking" he scrunched his nose at the reminder of that awful stench that was still lingering in his ensuite.

" Ewwwwwwww" Arjuman stifled a laugh but teased him nonetheless.

" What eww? That room is yours too and you have to bear that stinky washroom along with a stinky husband" Baasit wiggled his eyebrows at her and laughed like a monster when she made faces at that.