Bette Davis Eyes

'We should have thought this through better.' Gill fanned her flushed face as she stepped out of the hire shop and into the heat of the afternoon sun.'

I'm getting an ice cream if we've got to walk all the way back in this heat.' Rachel puffed her cheeks out and stood up from where she was crouched on the curbside.

'A good stretch of the legs will do us all good.' Jack popped his phone into his back pocket as he pushed himself off the shop wall and addressed the group.

'Ice cream sounds like a great idea.' Matt announced as he firmly patted Jack on the back in passing.

Jack huffed as he pulled his buzzing phone back out of his pocket. 'You guys go on ahead, I have to take this so I'll catch you up.' He eyeballed the screen and huffed again before answering and taking a couple of steps away from the rest of the group out of earshot.

'Right then, ice cream it is.' Matt held his hand out to offer assistance to Natalia who was still sat on the kerb where Rachel had left her, she shyly took his hand and let him pull her to her feet.

'Thank you.' she cooed in response as she let her fingers gently slip out of his grasp and patted down her jeans.

'Ugh, not another one.' Jayne muttered under her breath as she passed them and rolled her eyes towards Harry who was sniggering to the side of her.

'Gelateria is this way.' Tyler bounced ahead of the group pointing towards a small bright yellow shop across the road from them.

'What do you fancy?' Damian snaked his arms around Kat's waist and walked behind her, keeping his chin balanced on the top of her head as they moved with the rest of the group.

'Erm, I don't know. Probably some kind of strawberry flavour. You can't really go wrong with that, can you? What about you?

'I mean, I would normally go for something like Stracciatella...'

'What's that?' Kat quickly interrupted him.

'It's just like a plain vanilla ice cream but with chocolate chips in it, but I'm kinda feeling a little more adventurous today.' He gave her waist a little squeeze causing an excited giggle to escape her mouth.

'Westy put her down for one minute.' Chad shouted across the group causing the others to laugh at heckle them in jest.

'Don't be jealous Chad. You know you'll always be my number one guy.' Damian quickly retaliated with an over-exaggerated wink.

Chad clutched at his chest in a bid to signal his heart was happy and blew him a kiss back, which Damian jovially pretended to catch and put in his pocket for safekeeping.

'Oh, this shop is so cute.' Gill enthusiastically declared as she inspected the half net curtains sitting across the window next to the outside seating area.

'Oh my, look at all those different flavours.' Rachel gasped in excitement as she pressed her face up against the other window and gawked at the rows and rows of vibrant ice ream colours on display in order to entice passers-by.

The group filtered into the shop after eyeing up the contents of the window with Rachel leading the way like an excited child.

'You know what you want yet?' Damian asked, still remaining with his arms firmly around her waist and chin on her head as Kat continued to deliberate over the vast choice of flavours.

'Yeah, I'm going to go with the salted caramel flavour.' she nodded in confirmation of her decision.

'Cool, you wait out here and I'll go in and get them, It's pretty busy in there.' Damian looked through the window at the group crammed into the tiny shop.