SHUT UP AND KISS ME

S H U T  U P  A N D  K I S S  M E"just shut up and kiss me already, drew

"just shut up and kiss me already, drew."

IT WAS NEVER AWKWARD BETWEEN Drew and I, we're such good friends. That is, until I realized I had feelings for him.

  I didn't realize myself, but apparently everyone else on the cast thought we knew we liked each other. But clearly not, because here I am finally on a date with Drew and we have nothing to talk about.

  Conversations always used to flow so well between us, but when we knew that we both wanted to be more than friends we suddenly didn't know how to speak. I can't speak for him, but I feel out of sync. I feel like all our social skills were thrown out the window when he asked me out.

  As of right now, the sun was setting perfectly, hues of orange, pink, purple and blue painting the sky beautifully. Drew created this perfect picnic, ironic because the actual social portion of the date wasn't perfect.

I close my eyes, taking in the scenery surrounding me. The waves crashing against the beach ahead of us was therapeutic, which isn't an unpopular opinion. I know a lot of people that come to the beach to clear their head—me being one of them.

The sun wasn't burning against my skin, but it felt nice—warm and comforting.

"Can I ask you something?" I said, breaking the enduring silence that we had been sitting through. He turned his head to me.

"Shoot." He said, a small smirk pasted on his flawless face.

"Do you feel out of sync ever since you asked me out?" I turn my body fully to face him, leaning on my hand beside me. He took a deep breath.

"Honestly? Yeah, yeah I do. But I don't think we should stop trying because—well I-I don't know about you but, I really like you." He stammered, which made him even more adorable. Blush creeped up on my cheeks, and I could tell by the way he smiled at me.

I didn't know what to say in response, so I just shyly smiled to myself in hopes that he'd get the message.

  We sat in awkward silence yet again.

  Conversation starters running through my head, I couldn't seem to get the actual words out of my mouth.

"Um—Your skin looks really good." He stammered, making me tilt my head to the side in confusion. "Thank you?" I giggled, making him blush like crazy. He's cute when he's nervous.

"I-I mean, you look really beautiful. Sorry, that was really creepy. God, I'm only making it worse, aren't I? Sorry I said that. Not about calling you pretty, but telling you—" he rambled on, earning him a big grin from me.

"Just shut up and kiss me already, drew." I interrupted slyly, causing Drew to immediately stop talking and smash his lips onto mine.

  Suddenly it's not weird anymore, and it all feels so natural and normal to be kissing Drew. Like it's something that's been missing this whole time. It means more than any other boy I've kissed before.

  He's so soft and gentle with it, yet so passionate at the same time. Our lips move in synch, moulding together perfectly as if they are made for each other.

  Eventually we pull away, one another breathless and smiling small, before I lean my head on his shoulder to watch the sunset. He leans his head on mine, and I close my eyes in pure joy.

And now it was perfect.