OVERWHELMED

O V E R W H E L M E D"it's nothing, just overwhelmed, that's all

"it's nothing, just overwhelmed, that's all."

things have been getting quite stressful lately, especially amongst covid and all.

  For both you and Drew, you guys felt overwhelmed with work from home and just the fact of being in quarantine.

  You felt guilty taking life for granted before quarantine, and quite frankly you hated this virus.

  Drew is always trying to stay calm in these situations. While you are over here freaking out and overwhelmed, he wants to be the one you can count on to be strong. He's hiding his emotions—despite the amount of stress is piled onto him.

  Now that you guys had been dating for almost a year and living together, you could fully be yourself in front of him. Be both vulnerable and strong, crazy and calm. You loved each other like crazy.

You were lying in bed reading, when Drew came in and immediately crawled into bed with you for cuddles. He laid his head on your chest/shoulder, wrapping his arms around you, and burying his face in the crook of your neck.

He had just finished hours among hours of press for a show that you both starred in that recently came out—Outerbanks. Needless to say, he was mentally and physically drained.

"How was your interviews?" You asked, putting down you book so you could cuddle Drew.

"They were good. Tiring, yes, but good overall." He replied, his voice muffled against your skin, feeling his warm breath against your neck.

"That's good." You replied, before the two of you sat in comfortable silence.

It wasn't often that you two got to relax. Work for the both of you was crazy during the pandemic, and the fact that it might not get better for a long time made it all the more stressful.

Feeling a teardrop on your shoulder, you sat up in confusion.

"Hey, what's wrong?" You asked concernedly. Drew's eyes were red and puffy, clearly from crying.

"It's nothing, just overwhelmed, that's all." He sniffled.

"It's not nothing. Your emotions are valid, you know that right?" You assured him, as he sat up beside you to rest his head on your shoulder.

"I just—I wanted to be strong for you. I know how stressed you've been recently, and the least thing we need is both of us falling apart." He croaked out, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Drew, you can still be strong by being vulnerable. I'm here for you, you know I am. We're in a fucking global pandemic. You're allowed to be overwhelmed. It's okay." You told him, before he turned to you, embracing you in a hug that shows how thankful he is for you.

"I love you." He said, kissing your neck.