Chapter 6: Part - 2

After everyone calmed down a bit, and Rose went up to her room with her father, both didn't come downstairs the whole day. I guess she had a lot to tell him. I also stayed with my mom because I was afraid she would blame herself. I wanted to distract her.

''We were going to look for a wedding dress tomorrow... I think we should postpone it," my mother mumbled to herself as we sat in the living room.
''Why? I'm sure Rose will be better tomorrow."
"I really hope so, but..."
''No buts! Something like that would distract her. This is a happy moment. It shouldn't be postponed."

''Jin, I like your way of thinking, but she needs time to recover from everything. It wasn't a good idea to send her to school right after arriving here; she didn't even have time to collect from the flight to settle down. Then there is the fact that she got bullied. So please, it's too much for her and especially after her past... She needs more time. Rose will not be going to school the rest of the week. I took the days off and will take care of her then. If she is better tomorrow... but I think it would be better to postpone it. The fear that she might think her problems are not taken seriously is too big," I could understand my mother. However, I still believed that one should rather do something instead of entrenching oneself at home.

And somehow, my heart shrank when she said Rose wasn't going to school. I just wanted her with me. Was I selfish? I seem to think only of myself, "Whatever you say. I just hope she gets better," I sighed and leaned against my mother.

''Rose is a strong girl. She's been through a lot, and yet she can smile and move on. I've only heard a few things from her because she doesn't like to talk about it. But her father told me everything in detail. He knows what Rose is like, and he knows she is strong. And we have to believe him. She just needs the right person, and then she will get better. We are also considering getting a dog right now because in Paris was one in therapy too. They were inseparable," she started to tell me.
I already knew that she was strong. But, the dog was new to me.
''Jin ... Rose was terribly abused. She has scars all over her body. You remember how crazy that man was when he hit me," when my mother mentioned my father, my hand directly clenched into a fist. He was really not normal, his gaze, his laughter as he enjoyed the suffering. Simply terrible.
''It was nothing compared to what Rose suffered."
This statement made me speechless for a short moment, "Mom, you can't compare things like that. Every pain is to be taken seriously," Shaking my head, I sat up straight again.

"I know! I'm not comparing either, but you just have to imagine it worse. She wasn't just beaten with hands. They used whatever objects they had in their hands. While the guy was beating her, her mother was watching and doing drugs. That poor girl was often beaten unconscious. He would hit her with bottles until the glass was broken. And then continued to hit her with it. The worst was when he attacked her with a knife... He had a friend who took advantage of her when he cared for her wounds; Rose would sometimes just lie on the floor unconscious and covered in blood for days. Her mother had injected her with drugs simply out of fear so that it looked as if Rose had done it herself," she paused briefly, ''Rose was for a short time also in an orphanage... there was a girl who had a similar case to her. She tried to convince Rose that the only solution was death. But Rose did not let herself be persuaded; she still wanted to live and also tried to dissuade the girl. Rose could no longer talk during this time. Instead, she had written down her words. She wrote her fingers sore to stop her. In the end ... This girl then jumped off the roof in front of her anyway, and Rose saw everything. She broke her arm trying to save that girl... She's been through so much, so many bad things. And there's still a lot of stuff we don't know about. But because of these notes that her father kept with him until today, he knows how strong his daughter is. That's why we have to do everything we can to keep her strong," my mother finished her sentence and looked at me with encouragement... While I ... I was finally speechless. I knew that she had been abused, but that she had been abducted, that her own mother had given her drugs, that she had witnessed a suicide, was so horrible that I did not want to believe it. I could never imagine how she was feeling right now.