Chapter 37

''Rose, I don't want to hold back," he repeated, over and over again.
It was driving me crazy; No, it put me in a trance. It felt so real and so right to be in his arms... to enjoy his touch.

Only was it right? Especially now?

We had so much to sort out, so many other things to take care of; Important things.
I wasn't aware of my feelings ... yet.

Tyler used to be so mean to me; he said and did things that hurt me.. but even in those times, he helped me in his own way.

Actually, he was always there for me, and he apologized so many times, he got better. I had forgiven him long ago, only what was it that stopped me? What kept me from realizing if I loved him?

My heart was frozen about love. But could he defrost my heart?

I never dealt with it. Never thought about what love could really be. I squinted over at the clock; it was 11 p.m., my eyes fell on the date.

Today was 03/27.

My eyes grew wide; I hadn't realized it was already that time. In precisely one hour is the death anniversary of Lina.

She died on 28.03, at 11p.m. The pictures of my past played like a trailer. My heart was beating fast, even faster. It was the time in a few hours.

It was time for me to face Tim again. It was time where I would end it all. Slowly, I turned in Tyler's arms just so that I could look at him.

His gaze was full of passion, longing, and love. When I looked deep into his eyes, I made my decisions.

''Would you wait for me?" I asked.

His features did not change, "Is this a serious question?"

I nodded. With his arm, he lifted me up so that our bodies fit together.

"Are you sure this is the question you want to ask?"

Again I nodded while the heat burned its way through my veins, not because I was embarrassed, but because I felt everything from him.

"There's nothing in the world I want more than you. Rose, I want you. I want you so much. And I'm willing to wait... Even if I don't want to hold back, I can."

I was taken aback by his words... It was an answer I hadn't really expected. In general, today, he spoke words that had touched me deeply.

The last doubts were broken. Deep inside me, everything had piled up. The anger, sadness, my bad thoughts, but right now, all I felt was love, love towards this person who made me feel so alive.

And I was ready; I was ready because he was willing to wait .... he was willing to give me and my feelings time.

''Tyler...," his eyes widened slightly, staring at me as if mesmerized, ''I think ... no, I'm almost sure that I-."

''ROSE! WE'RE BACK!" I heard my father shout.

I was slightly startled and wanted to move away from Tyler. However, he did not let go of me, ''I want you to finish your sentence," he looked at me stubbornly.

I was overcome with panic when I heard someone stomping up the stairs, ''Tyler! I promise I'll tell you right away, but I don't want my father to see me like this now!" I pushed him over to the balcony.
"No. I want to know now!"
''Tyler. Please!"
''I'm afraid that you will say something else," his voice was shaking.

''No, I won't," I pushed him out and pulled the curtains closed, sprinting over to my closet as best I could with my injured leg. I quickly changed into my pajamas, and at that exact moment, my dad came in rushing.