The memory.

1392 JOSEON
DYNTASY ERA

Sook ja walked outside taking a stroll. She looked at all the pretty hanboks. (Korean traditional dress/ clothing) "I really wish I could have one."

Sook ja was a 8th ranking in lower class. So her family struggled a lot because of how poor they were.

Sook ja wanted to help her family. So she figured a way she could do that was when she turned 16 she can finally apply to work as a maid in the palace.

Even though that would mean for her to leave them and stay in the palace for who knows how long. "I can help them either way.."

She promised If she found another way she would definitely do that instead.

As she was strolling someone came up behind her and grabbed her hand pulling her forcefully "let go what are you doing?!"

"You dare talk back you peasent? Don't know your place you should shut up and just obey quietly."

The man took her to this wooden room and pushed her to the floor taking off his clothes. "Come on now you are going to do what I say and if you don't you will die."

Then all of a sudden before anything bad could happen.

They both heard a noise. "What was that? Stay here and don't move I'm going to be right back." He said closing the door and going outside to see what was happening.

While that was happening someone sneaked into the room where sook ja was.
"Hello I am ryeong soon do not be afraid. I am the prince! Let's go I will take you out of here quick before he gets back!"

The prince whispered. "Am I dreaming?" She asked wondering if it was really a dream that the prince of joseon would come out of nowhere to save her.

"But my prince I am but a mere..low class..why would you save my life?" He smiled. "You are still a human being." He grabbed her hand and ran out of there.

It was as if time stopped. She looked at him, smiling she was so happy in that moment. His kind words, "you are still a human being." She would never forget his kindness.

He handed her something to drink and eat  as they sat on a wooden chair.

She was just 12 back then and he was 14. "So..how did you know where I was.." she continued to eat and drink. "Thank you for the food my prince.."

He smiled warmly towards her. "It's not a problem but I haven't gotten your name. I am ryeong soon!"

She smiled but didn't say his name out of respect. "You have a nice name my prince I am sook ja..!!" She said finishing up the food.

"But you didn't answer my question!"

"Oh! Right! I was just taking a stroll it's so suffocating in the palace. I have to do so much every single day it's quite a lot being a prince! And I saw something bad happening so I decided to help!"

She thought he was such a kind prince. "Your grace is amazing my prince. Thank you so much once again. You have no idea how thankful I am to you." She says.

He nodded. "You can repay me in the future when we're both older."

"What shall I repay you with?"

"Come find me in the palace. I will wait for you when I am one day king.."

He told her.

Till this day she will not forget his words.