Taking a walk down memory lane.

The king was so tired of being cooped up in palace walls working day after day. With different scrolls and this and that. He needed to be out there already.

Visiting his people and enjoying his time like he did as a young child. So he decided to go out taking his horses, of course he wasn't going to go alone there was his guards and also for some reason he needed one of his maids to tag along.

"I will take sook ja..she will attend to me as I am outside." The king ordered. Sook ja got ready and left with the king as ordered. She wondered why he wanted him to accompany her.

She mostly always attended to him for the private or personal things, but there was also other maids as well why would he chose her to go with him. She thought in her mind, then again he did things with her he didn't do with others and that was on her mind too.

"My king what would you like to see on this beautiful sunny day?" Sook ja asked with a bright smile. Still very cheerful and honored to be accompanying his majesty. "I will look at what I want to look at. Do not question me or decide to be annoying."

"Why me.." she asked in a small voice. He looked at her with his serious face. "Why must you ask that question? You should know." He said in a very serious tone. "Well...I..don't you seem to be doing and saying very confusing things these days.." she says keeping her head lowered.

He looked at the beautiful compasses and jewelry that was being sold. "I'll have one of these please." It was a pretty jade necklace. She wondered who he would be getting it for? Was it some secret lover no one knew about?

Is that why he was declining all those marriage alliances? He handed it to her. "A small present from me since you have been attending to me very well these past days." He said his face not changing though.

She was so surprised she couldn't even believe what was happening. "This is so expensive your majesty I could ne—" he rolled his eyes "just accept it and come on."

While they were out he grew hungry so he bought bowls of noodles and something to drink on his way. Even though he seemed pretty cold in general he was still sharing with her. "Here sit and eat with me.."

It reminded her of the old days when they were both younger sharing a bowl of noodles and something delicious to
Drink while they talked over about their promise. "Do you..finally remember now...my king.."

"I never forgot."