Chapter 2

Kara POV:

If I'm being honest with myself I was a little bit scared to ask Percy for help. I know fully well what she's been through and I don't want to make life any harder for her then it already is.

But the other part of me is saying that she would not be happy with me if I didn't ask her.

I saw her apartment window was open so I just flew in. The sight that greeted me was her sitting on the couch eating popcorn and yelling at the TV of the inaccuracy of the Hercules movie.

I cleared my throat to tell her that I was here.
I saw her tense up but she relaxed as soon as she saw me. "Kara you idiot, you scared me!" She yelled at me. "Do you know for a a world-renowned hero, you really should get better security." I told her.

"Well I'm sorry. Usually people don't come flying through my window," she told me with sarcasm lacing her words.

"So was there something you wanted?" She questioned. "Can I just visit my best friend?" I responded. "Good point," she said.

"But no there was actually something I wanted to ask you," I told her. " The whole squad has got together because there was an attack and it wasn't a normal one I think it has something to do with your world."

"What do you mean?" She asked.
"Well I remember you telling me stories about those empousa and that is exactly what the flash described when he was telling us about attack.

She then said, "and I assume you want me to help you."

I nodded while saying, "look, I know you've been through a lot but you're one of the people I trust most and you just so happened to be an expert in the stuff."

"Don't worry I'll help. Life has been getting a bit boring anyway," she told me.

"See this is why you're my best friend," I told her honestly. " so... Do we need to go now or do you wanna yell at the Hercules movie with me?" She asked

" as appealing as that sounds, I think we should go now everyone is freaking out," I answered.
" okay let me just get dressed into decent clothes and we can go. Oh and by the way we're taking a car there I'm not flying with you," she said seriously.

I laughed at her antics.
And well she got dressed she was asking me a very detailed questions about my love life. But what can I say that's what best friends are for.