10

Agent Coulson's death is still fresh in everyone's minds. He meant a lot to everyone-- even those who barely knew him.

Steve decides its time to take matters into his own hands. He gets Agent Romanoff and Agent Barton to fly the jet, now all he needs is one more.

" Agent Stone," Steve says as he enters the medbay, " Are you in a condition to fight?"

She chuckles.

" I've been through worse. What's our destination?"

" Loki's in New York."

" Wonderful."

Clint gets his arrows, Steve has his shield, Natasha has her widow bites, and Lauren has her bo staff. The four of them all walk onto one of the jets where an agent tries to stop them.

"Hey, you guys aren't authorized to be in here."

" Son, just don't."

The agent then walks out of the jet, allowing them to have full control over it. Natasha and Clint sit up front, while Steve and Lauren are in the back. They see Tony take off in his Iron Man suit and trail behind him.

The jet isn't nearly as fast as the soon, so it takes a while before they arrive.

"Stark, we're on your three headed north-east."

"What? Did you stop for drive through? Swing up Park. I'm going to lay them out for you."

As she looks up, Lauren sees a giant blue portal in the sky with aliens pouring out from space.

Clint fires the guns as some aliens try to attack the ship.

"Nat?" Clint asks.

Down below on the Stark Tower deck is Loki and Thor fighting.

"I see him."

Clint shoots at Loki, but he fires his scepter at them and takes out one of their engines. The jet begins to crash down to the ground, and Lauren uses her powers to soften the blow. They land on an empty street in the middle of New York.

All of them scramble out of the jet, and once they do they're faced with an alien invasion. They start to run down the streets.

"We got to get back up there," Steve says.

A giant, flying whale-like alien comes through the portal, and if there was ever an "oh shit" moment, it's now.

"And now there's that," Lauren says.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asks.

"Seeing. Still working on believing. Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?"

"Just keep me posted."

"We've got civilians still trapped up here. Loki," Clint says.

"They're fish in a barrel down there," Steve says.

Natasha and Lauren shoot their guns at the aliens as Clint fires his arrows.

"We've got this. It's good. Go," Natasha 

"Do you think you can hold them off?"

"Captain, it would be my genuine pleasure," Clint says, then shoots an alien.

Steve and Lauren take off together. He uses his shield and punches his way through the aliens while Lauren uses her bo staff. She bonks one on the head, thrusts her staff behind her and hits one in the gut and then twirls it around to knock it out.

They manage to wipe out all the aliens in their area, and move onto the next.

As Thor flies down, his lighting strikes a few aliens.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve asks.

"The power surrounding the Cube is impenetrable," Thor says.

"Thor's right. We got to deal with these guys," Tony says.

"How do we do this?" Natasha asks.

"As a team," Steve says.

"I have unfinished business with Loki, " Thor says.

" Yeah? Get in line," Clint says.

"Save it. Loki's going to keep this fight focused on us, and that's what we need. Without him, these things could run wild. We got to get Stark up top. He's going to need us to..." Steve says, but stops once he hears a motorcycle.

Everyone turns around to see Bruce riding towards them. He steps off the bike and walks forward.

"So, this all seems horrible," He says.

"I've seen worse," Natasha says.

"Sorry."

"No, we could use a little worse."

"Stark, we got him," Steve says.

"Banner?"

"Just like you said."

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you."

Tony comes flying down, and right behind him is the giant flying alien.

" That's a shit party," Lauren sighs.

As the thing is getting closer, Bruce starts walking over to it.

" Dr. Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry," Steve says.

"That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry."

Bruce turns around to face the alien, and slowly morphs into the Hulk. Hulk punches it and slows it down. Before it collapses, Tony shoots a missile at it, causing a large explosion. Steve instantly grabs Lauren and puts his shield above them both.

The team then gets ready for another fight.

Hulk roars, Tony lands in his suit, Clint locks an arrow, Thor twirls his hammer, Natasha reloads her gun, Steve holds his shield and Lauren creates a fireball in one hand as she holds her bo staff in the other.

Loki sends more aliens through the mortal, of which nobody cares for.

"Call it, Captain."

"All right, listen up. Until we can close that portal, our priority is containment. Barton, I want you on that roof. Eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash," Steve says.

"Can you give me a lift?" Clint asks.

"Clench up, Legolas," Tony says as he picks up Clint.

"Thor, you need to try to bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You got the lightning. Light the bastards up," Steve says,

Thor twirls his hammer and takes off.

"Agent Stone. You got the teleporting--I want you to try and steal Loki's scepter away from him. Any aliens get in your way, burn the suckers," Steve says.

" Ay ay, Captain," Lauren says as she salutes with two fingers.

She teleports herself to Loki's ship.

" Hello there."