11

I don't want to see anyone today

I don't want to see anyone today. I want Cocoreos.

I lay on the couch, staring passively at the TV, the talk show a dull noise in my ears. I understood nothing and I was not even trying.

I was done with trying.

Fresh tears sprang to my eyes and I hastily wiped them away with my hoodie sleeve. It didn't take long for me to change into my clothes yesterday and sulk on the couch after I found myself staring at the bland ceiling.

I've been here the whole morning, crying like I'm dumped. It's pathetic, even for my standards. I chided myself so many times to stop this childish act but it seems like my body didn't want to.

I would calm down for a few minutes but whenever my thoughts flitted to Rom and to what happened last night, I couldn't help but sob like a baby with a soiled loin.

I keep telling myself that it's unfair. I worked so hard and sacrificed many things only to be duped by the reset. What's worse was that this whole fiasco made me hope.

It made me hope for a chance to make my dream come true. It made me think that I finally can make a real connection with someone. God, it even made me look forward to tomorrow.

After what happened last night, my eyes were opened that everything I'm doing to get myself out of this loop wasn't going to work. Nothing will. Rom wasn't the answer. Not one of the stupid people in this City was going to be the answer.

That's what fate shoved into my face the moment I woke up to this new day.

There was no way out. There was no hope. I'm stuck here as much as everyone else. I should just give up. Perhaps, I'll come to love this repetitive pattern of life.

Bullcrap.

There's no way I'm going to sit still and accept this to be my only reality. There's simply no way.

But what if it was? What then?

The loop reset Rom's memories to punish me from wishing to open someone's eyes and actually succeeding. Perhaps I'm not supposed to do it. Perhaps I'm simply not that worthy.

Then why the hell could I remember crap?!

I screamed at the low-lying table in front of me and pushed it away with all my might. With me lying down on the couch and the table as heavy as a truck, I succeeded in moving it a few millimeters.

I punched the couch's backrest, pressed a throw pillow on my face, and screamed. I shrieked and shrieked, until my throat was scratched dry and my voice turned hoarse. I don't care. It would be gone tomorrow.

I finished screaming and flung the pillow the farthest I could. It slammed into a display table, sending numerous figurines crashing to the floor or against each other. The sound of porcelain crunching against the carpeted floor sent my heart reeling. It's a sound of desperation, crying out to me for help.