Chapter 11 - Selfish Rakshit!?

On The Earth

"How dare you do this?! How can you??!! You did not even care to ask?? Do you even know what that poor girl will go through if she comes to know about this?" Ritika yelled at Rohit as she entered her house throwing her bags on the couch.

"See Ritika, listen to me at first.." He moved in her approach but she was too obstinate to stop now.

"No! Not at all! How can you even take such a significant step? Just for the sake of establishing 100 percent success? It was her ideal project, and you, you just shattered it as if it is some piece of crockery?! You don't have any right to take such an extreme step." She took the support of the sofa to stop herself from losing her balance.

"May I speak now?" Rohit questioned while Ritika glanced at him horribly.

"I doubt her. I feel like she won't be able to accomplish complete success. She needs support." He said softly helping Ritika to sit on the Sofa.

"What!?" Ritika jerked off his hand and looked at him in utter surprise.

" I just can't believe you!" She looked at him with a disgusted look and retired for the ISRO center as Rambler soon was driving out of the heliosphere.

The U.S.

Rakshit's POV

"And that's what he said." I sighed heavily as I finished narrating to everyone about ISRO, collaboration if the same planet, and Blah blah blah. The Adrenaline rush took a toll on me. I don't know what is stored for me in the future.

I looked at mom and dad who had no expressions on their face. Waves of silence passed through the living room. 

My girlfriends, Eh... I mean my friend's wives, too did come here, goodly an hour ago. Jacob crawled from Alora's (Chris's wife) lap to mine. 

Jacob was soon turning a year old after 2 weeks. Luckily I was available or else I would have directly celebrated 3rd or maybe 4th birthday. That little boy had no anxiety, he was giggling playing with my wristwatch. 

No sooner, did I receive a call.. to be specific, a video call from Virat uncle? I looked at everyone, they were looking at me with tense expressions. 

I handed Jacob to Chris and accepted the video call on my laptop. Virat uncle's face was neutral.

Lub-Dub

Lub-Dub

Lub-Dub

Lub-Dub

Lub-Dub

God! This is more horrifying than my entire space mission.

It's going to be a yes, trust me.

Will you please shut up?

"Well, Rakshit..." Virat uncle commenced. Take a deep breath dude. 

"We are teaming with ISRO." 

"What?? But why uncle! Can't we stop the collaboration?" I asked immediately. There is always a chance.

"I can't help dear. Our destination is the same one. And so... we have preponed your launch, most probably according to weather conditions, it will be next week, so you should come here tomorrow as quickly as possible." He said sighing heavily.

"What?! Tomorrow? Prepond? Is it necessary Virat Uncle?" I looked at mom and dad who looked even more apprehensive than before.