Chapter 21- A Leather Diary

--Alina POV--

"No husband today?"

Laughing at the doctor, I shook my head as she squeezed the cold cream onto my stomach, watching as she got the ultrasound ready.

"Please, I barely managed to get rid of him. He has important business in France, but he wasn't willing to go without a fight," She laughed at my words as I thought back to a few days ago.

Evan left on his business trip with Dante a few days ago, if the schedule goes as planned then he'll be expected to return tomorrow evening, and I can't wait to see him. Despite being married, and despite always being so busy, I never had to sleep alone, until now, and I didn't like it one bit, but I knew that he had to go for the sake of other people.

My thoughts were cut short as I heard the thumping of two heartbeats.

"Would you like to know the genders of your children?"

"Yes please," I didn't hesitate.

"Before today, we weren't able to get a clear view of the genitals so therefore it was quite hard to tell the gender, but if I'm correct now, it should be that it's one girl and one boy, congratulations, Mrs Moretti,"

I had to bite down hard on my lips to hold back my tears, clutching tightly onto the fabric of my dress. A boy and a girl, my babies... I really am going to be a mother.

I wish Evan were here right now, but still, I can't wait to see his reaction.

After the appointment ended, I left the hospital, making my way over to the waiting car and getting into the backseat before being driven home where I was instantly swept up by hundreds of questions being thrown at me.

"How are the babies?"

"Are they healthy?"

"Nothing's wrong, right?"

Laughing at the few maids, I waited for them to finish with their questions before I finally breathed out a deep sigh.

"We're having a boy and a girl... Aurelio and Biancha Moretti," And once more, I felt the joyful tears creeping onto my eyes, doing my best to hold back the excitement.

It was hard to do so with all the cheers that erupted from everyone. It is as though it wasn't just me and Evan that was getting ready to become parents, but rather, everyone in this estate too. They were workers who were paid a fair wage, but they were also family.

"Congratulations, I am so happy for you," Laura, one of the maids said, and I couldn't help myself from hugging her. Evan wasn't here right now so I  guess I'll have to seek joy with everyone else until he returns.

I can hardly wait for tomorrow.

"Duchess, you shouldn't be standing up for too long this late into the pregnancy. Please, go and get some rest, and if there's anything you need then do not hesitate to call us," I rolled my eyes at her, but at this point, knew that there was no point in going against her.

"If you say so," I rolled my eyes, pausing on my way up the stairs to greet Clyde with a warm hug which he happily returned.

"Congratulations, Duchess," He smiled.

"Thank you, Clyde," I replied.

The rest of the day was filled with joy and laughter, everyone fawning over the upcoming birth of my twins, and I couldn't do anything about it since I was one of those people.

And in the evening, as I sat comfortably in bed with a phone to my ear, the deep voice of my husband spoke from the other end as he filled me in on his ongoing business trip.