Chapter 36: "You and my butt, I swear."

2 months later

2 months later

I was so into the book I was reading that I didn't notice the room to my door opening. I flipped my page, internally awing at how cute the couple in the book I was reading was.

My eyes ran around the page, taking in the words, completely unknown to the fact that my boyfriend was staring down at me. Just as I blink, I'm picked up and thrown over his shoulder. I squeal as the book falls from my hand causing me to lose my page number.

"I was reading, you idiot!" I say as I smack his butt. "You and my butt, I swear." he mumbles. "Says the guy who likes cuddling in between my boobs!" I counter and he pinches my butt. "Austin Reed!" I gasp as I hit his butt yet again.

"You sleep with your hands on my butt, or touching my butt some way or another," He says and I blush.

To be fair, Austin has a really nice butt or booty as I playfully call it. And sometimes while we are cuddling and sleeping my hands subconsciously just touch or are on his butt when we wake up. The first time it happened I was very flustered and Austin just teased me. The next few times, none of us said anything and now it's just something that we go on with.

We both are two weirdos I tell you.

"I- You have a good butt okay? Plus it happens subconsciously," I mumble and I feel his body shake with laughter.

I find myself smiling at the sound. He hasn't done that in a while.

These two months that have gone by in a blur haven't exactly been easy for Austin. With his mom coming back, he had to take some time to take that in and let it all in. He became a bit distant, the first few weeks. There were times he didn't respond to my messages and then I found find him sitting by the cliff we went to during our first date.

We would sit there for hours at times, none of us saying anything. Just holding hands as my head lay on his shoulder, his head on top of mine, both our legs dangling down as we started at the city that never slept.

I break out of my thoughts when I feel him throw me onto my bed. "Austin!" I squeal as he almost jumps onto me, snuggling into me and getting into his favourite cuddling position.

"You're all cheerful today, aren't you? I like it," I mumble as I run my hands through his hair. He hums and I smile to myself. "I love you," I mumble softly. "I love you too," he says and I feel his lips curl up into a smile.

"Let's go on a date," I say out of nowhere. "What?" He mumbles, his voice muffled. "A date. Just you and me," I say. "I'm the one who's supposed to take you on a date, I mean your birthday is just a few days away," he says and he looks up at me.

"You remember?" I say with a smile and his eyebrows. "What kind of shit boyfriend would I be if I didn't remember my girlfriends birthday? Plus your birthday is on Valentine's Day, kind of hard to forget, don't you think?" He says as he scrunches his nose at me cutely. I smile and bend forward, kissing his nose.