23

Just like she predicted during the conversation with Zendaya, Tom and Harrison, Aurora really couldn't go through her performance without shedding some tears

Just like she predicted during the conversation with Zendaya, Tom and Harrison, Aurora really couldn't go through her performance without shedding some tears. Fortunately her voice only cracked once and for everyone watching, it only added to the meaning of the song. How emotional she was truly sold the performance.

After she finished the song they had a quick commercial break, so she had a few minutes to get herself together and ready to sit down and talk with Ellen. She dreaded the moment she'll have to talk about everything that's been happening to her, but at the same time anticipated the feeling of freedom she hopes she'll get after opening up and finally getting things off her chest.

They sit down on the couches, ready to face the cameras and when the crew signals Rory puts a big smile on her face.

"Welcome back everybody" Ellen speaks to the audience and the cameras "Once again, please welcome our incredible guest for tonight, the one and only Aurora Downey!"

The studio erupts into loud applause which makes Rory blush so she drops her head, shaking it in disbelief as she laughs. The amount of support she receives is warming her heart.

"Thank you for having me, I'm honored to be here." she speaks in a soft tone.

"It was long overdue, but the wait is finally over. People were going crazy since we announced you as a guest, it was truly wild. And don't even get me started on the frenzy after this performance, you are unbelievable. How does it feel to be only 26 yet this successful?" Ellen asks Rory.

"I honestly still don't believe it completely. I appreciate and love every single one of my supporters, even though sometimes I feel like I don't deserve any of this." she answers.

Ellen frowns at her words in disagreement.

"Trust me you do deserve it, one hundred percent. Why would you think otherwise?"

Aurora inhales deeply and tries to find the right words to express her feelings before speaking up again.

"I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because I'm not, I know damn well it comes with this industry. But I get so much hate about how overhyped I am and it's only because my father or my friend group that I start to believe it myself." she explains while fiddling with her fingers "I busted my ass off making all of this music in the last few years and it helped me in so so many ways. I know being a Downey helped getting my name out there but I was writing songs before my dad even knew who i was."

"Whoa whoa whoa, did I just hear that correctly?" Ellen asks dumbfounded as she leans forward, clearly interested in the story.

"I guess cat's out of the bag now." Rory sighs audibly "To be completely honest with you Ellen, I came here today with the intention of finally speaking the truth, I hope you don't mind that." she smiles awkwardly, trying to hide the anxiety under the facade.