Take Me to Church

Blakes POV

It's been three days since Adriana ran off. She wasn't joking when she said she could do cross country, we tracked her all the way down to the city, eight miles away, and then nothing. The Italian mafia have been searching endlessly for her, I even called in mine and Carlos' Mafia. Three of the most powerful mafias in the world can't find a fifteen year old girl.

The look in her face when she turned to Alfonso, it brakes my heart to even think about it. I'll admit, when I first met her I found her attractive, but I knew I couldn't do my usual 'fuck em' leave em' as she's Ezio and Enzo's little sister. The Baresi's have been my best friends my entire life, if Adriana hadn't been taken she would have been like a sister to me. But she was, and now I like her; a lot. I can tell Ezio already knows, I'm closest to him out of everyone, but he seem to be okay with it.

Alfonso hasn't left her bedroom since she ran away. He just sits on her bed, all day, all night. He knows what he did was wrong, but we have no idea what he meant by it. Only her brothers who are too busy to say anything.

Her family spend all day working to find her and all night crying to sleep. They've tried to ask Alfonso what he meant but he hasn't said a work. Larzo even took up the role of Don to keep the mafia running.

"I can't stand this anymore, Rocco, go and get him, I need to know." Maria (Nonna) tells her husband. All morning we have been sat in the living room waiting for some news on Adriana, all of us replaying what Alfonso said, over and over again.

Rocco (Nonno) goes upstairs to Adriana's bedroom. He come back a few minutes later with Alfonso. He looks like shit. He's still wearing the same clothes as he was that night, the bags under his eyes are pitch black and his once tan skin, as white as paper.

"Al, we need to know what you meant." Maria pleads once again with her grandson. Alfonso sits down next to her and Rocco, holding his head in his hands as he starts.

"When Flavia started doing drugs, she got caught and Adriana got put into foster care. She was taken in by a man and his son for 10 months before Flavia got custody again. Once the social workers stopped coming two weeks after she settled in they started to beat her. Then they raped her." His voice came out deep and raspy. We all sigh or gasp at the news. I already know where this is going, and I don't blame her for running away. "They got her pregnant but never stopped beating or raping her. When they got caught by the police for the abuse she was already at six months, but that day they beat her so bad she miscarried. She was in the hospital for a month due to her internal bleeding and to remove the baby. She was twelve."

We sit in complete silence. No one said a word or moved an inch.

We waited a few minutes before I say, "Who was it?"

All eyes snap in my direction, "It doesn't matter, they've been missing since a day before their trial, no one can find them, not even us. They're presumed dead." Larzo says.

They hurt her. They raped her. They killed her baby. And we don't even know if they got what they deserved. I storm out of the house and speed down to the closest bar in the city.

I get in there and order a whiskey. All I can think about is the look in her eyes when she ran off. I care about her so much, and we've barley had a conversation. I just want her. Even if she doesn't want me, as long as I know she's safe I don't care.

After a few more drinks I know I need to go back to the house. I drive back and stumble up the stairs, by now it's well past midnight and everyone is asleep. I get to the top of the stairs and look down the corridors either side of me.

When I finish contemplating I make my way past the bedrooms as I walk inside. Out of all the ideas I had for her bedroom, I never though it would be baby blue.

Thats when it hit me.

Baby blue.

It was a boy.

Sighing I collapse on her bed. I hear a whine underneath me, jumping up I pull back the covers to find Adriana.

"When did you get back?" I whisper to her. She looks like a mess. With a thrown on Texas jumper and a pair of black shorts. Hair chucked into a messy bun and eyes holding bags for the last three days.

"About an hour ago. Why are you in my room?" Her voice comes out horse and quiet.

"I missed you." I mumbled.

"You like me don't you?" She tiredly asks.

"Yeah." I truthfully answer. She smile at me with a sleepy face and pulls me back down. My head resting on her chest as she strokes my hair.

"I knew it."

"How?" I asked her. We never had a conversation where we didn't argue and she could tell that I like her.

"You always stare at me." I slightly chuckle and look up at her, only to find tears in her eyes.

"What wrong?" I ask.

"I bet you don't like me know you know how wrecked I am." She gives off a humorous chuckle.

Sighing, I wrap my arms around her waist and flip us so her head is on my chest and I'm stroking her hair. I tilt her chin to look up at me through wet lashes.

"I don't see how that has anything to do with it." She smiles up at me and I pull her closer, placing a kiss on her forehead. Snuggling into me she falls asleep. Whats even better is I'm not even tipsy so I'll remember all of that.

She's not broken or wrecked.

She strong and healing.

And I'll help her every step of the way.