Everything turned out fine

Dear Readers,

Sorry it took me so long to update another chapter. Exams are next week and I haven't even passed any tasks yet. Sorry also that this chapter is kinda short than the other ones, I've been having writer's block lately and haven't been playing Genshin for a few days now. Don't worry, I've played today so hopefully some motivation and idea comes back. Thanks for reading this, I hope you enjoy this chapter!!

Love, sergeantinhell

"Alright then, let's go!" Paimon cheered.

Aether helped you get off the bed "Are you alright walking or do I need to support you" he asked "I'm fine Aether, I could walk on my own" you rolled your eyes and he laughed.

A sudden knock came followed by the opening of the door, you looked up to see a girl. She wears a white frock that is open at the shoulders with blue frills, gold lining, and a large white and blue bow with a gold cross in the front along with white tights, white ankle boots with black bottoms and blue ankle cuffs, and a blue and white cap resembling a nurse's cap with a gold cross on its front. Her white tights have a faint flower polka-dot pattern.

"Oh! You're already up" she smiled "ah yes, my brother is okay now, (Name), this is Barbara, she's the one who healed you and took care of you while you were unconscious" Aether introduced

"Oh! You're already up" she smiled "ah yes, my brother is okay now, (Name), this is Barbara, she's the one who healed you and took care of you while you were unconscious" Aether introduced. "Nice to meet you (Name)! I'm glad you're okay now" she smiled sweetly at you "nice to meet you too! Thank you for taking care of me when I was unconscious" you thanked her.

"No worries! Just doing my job as a nun" she said

------------------------------

You three had set off to go to the tavern.

Paimon was leading while you and Aether were following her as you talk. "So how are things back home? Is everyone alright? No disasters? Realm raiders?" Aether asked "Everyone back home is doing alright, his highness has fought off the realm raiders and there should be enough time for the army to get everything ready before the realm raiders attack again, Mom and dad..." you hesitated before continuing "they're fine, they were worried since you haven't come to visit in a while so they sent me to find you both" you explained.

"It's a surprise that they even let you out of the house, you've always been behind when it came to magic so they were afraid to let you go out because you might get bullied" Aether laughed at the memory 'afraid I'll get bullied my ass' you mentally rolled your eyes at the thought of your "parents" worried for you.

You all entered the tavern, it was very quiet than usual.

"Huh? Is the tavern close already? It's not that late yet" Paimon looked around, there was no one in the tavern but the door was not locked "Oh, travelers" a voice said, you all looked towards the staircase to see Charles walking down from the second floor "Charles sorry for interrupting but is Master Diluc not here anymore?" Aether asked.

"Master Diluc was here earlier but he kept pacing around the room so we decided to close the tavern and I sent him home to rest, he really needs it these days" Charles informed "I see, Master Diluc must've been really worried about (Name)" Paimon said.

Charles looked towards you.

"I see, so that's why he was so worried, were you injured?" he asked "Kind of..." you nervously laughed "Well if you do want to meet him, you might want to go to the Dawn Winery, If he's not there then try checking the lake behind it" Charles suggested "Alright, thanks Charles!" you all waved bye to him as you went out.

------------------------------

You three went to the Dawn Winery but Adeline said that Diluc had gone to the lake to take a breather.

"You should go (Name)" Aether said "You're not coming?" you asked "Silly! Master Diluc was so worried about you, you should go surprise him!" Paimon exclaimed happily.

------------------------------

You had followed her lead and went to the lake behind the Dawn Winery.

You did find Diluc there, he was looking up the stars while sitting on the ground

You did find Diluc there, he was looking up the stars while sitting on the ground. You walked silently towards him but the grass you stepped on had other plans. "Who's the-" he quickly turns around but got silent when he saw it was you. You smiled and sat beside him, he still kept his eyes on you "Are you gonna keep staring" you asked, he blushed before looking away.

"Apologies, I am just glad you're alright" he explained "Yes, thanks to Barbara taking care of me and of course thanks to you for carrying me to the Cathedral, you're my hero Diluc" you pat his head. You saw him turn even redder before he lets out a cough "Oh" you stopped patting his head. 'I guess he's embarrassed about getting pats' you smiled.

You eventually laid down on the grass.

You both didn't talk after the patting thing, you didn't mind though. The air wasn't awkward and you felt that Diluc was comfortable as well.

"Sorry to interrupt the mood"