chapter four

chapter four ~ phase one

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards.

The next few moments were spent covering introductions. Xena conversed politely with the covens as they all discussed how they met the Olympic coven, more commonly known as the Cullen family. Markella stood near Xena, ready to attack if anyone made a sudden threat to Xena.

Markella sneered at Liam, who kept asking Xena about her time in Ancient Greece.

"She's a little overprotective of you, isn't she?" Liam asked Xena.

Xena smiled and patted Markella's shoulder for her to relax.

"We've been through a lot together," Xena answered.

"What's your story?" Eleazar asked Xena.

Xena grimaced as she hated to speak about her past, but she knew she needed to gain their trust, so she had to reveal her past.

"I'll keep my story short, but in 1277 B.C. I married a man named Lentulus, and we had three children, all of who died during infantry except for our youngest child during her birth; Lentulus had removed her from my womb as he had been told that the reason why our children kept dying was that they were products of an affair; a lie told by my jealous sister: she was jealous because Lentulus had married me instead of her. Lentulus had killed our daughter, and I knew he would soon kill me too as he did not believe a single word of my innocence," Xena said as the memories popped out of her head and played like a movie scene for everyone to see.

"Wow," Jacob said as he watched the scene of Xena's life play out in front of him.

Lentulus had cut the child, their daughter, from her womb and walked outside to the cliffs, with Xena covered in blood, crawling after her.

"Do you think I don't know about your affairs? I overlooked the first two, but this one; this child must die!" Lentulus shouted.

"I never had any affairs, Lentulus, and our children are yours," Xena said.

"Lies!" Lentulus screamed.

Xena manages to gather strength and grabs her daughter out of Lentulus's arms.

Xena looks down at the newborn in her arms and realizes that the baby has died.

"No!" Xena screamed.

She is horrified at the loss of her child.

Lentulus chuckles.

"That weak child is dead," Lentulus said.

Xena coughs as she knows she is dying from her wounds soon after Lentulus cut the baby out of her womb.

She knows that if she remains alive that Lentulus will torture her, so she decides to end her life.

Before the precipice, she claims with a smile that Lentulus will pay for everything he has done to her.

With the newborn in her arms, she falls, with a sad smile, backward off the edge, killing nearly herself.

At the bottom of the cliff, an unknown vampire feeds on Xena after finding her barely breathing and changes her.

"Three days later, after I woke up from my change, I killed the vampire who changed me. I buried my baby and learned to hunt, and waited for Lentulus to find me. On the fourth day, Lentulus and a couple of his men search the bottom of the cliff, where they found me standing there," Xena continued.

Xena smirks as the men scream at her sight.

She kills them and sets off to discover more about her new life as a vampire.

"Then I founded a vampire amazon tribe before I left with Markella to travel the new world," Xena said, smiling.

"Such a unique gift!" Eleazar said, smiling at Xena.

"That's my story," Xena said.

"You have the opposite of Renesmee's gift," Edward said.

"Really?" Xena asked curiously, interested.

"Too bad vampires' gifts don't work on you," Bella said as she held Renesmee tightly in her arms.

"Interesting. A mother who is a shield and a father that can read minds create a child that has the abilities to show people her thoughts by touching them and presumably break through their mental defenses," Xena said as she stared at the little family that would be a threat to the Volturi if Aro doesn't make the right decision when he confronts the Cullens and their witnesses.

"Now that you know everything, will you and Markella join us as our witnesses?" Edward asked Xena.

"We will be there, but as much as I enjoy a good fight, we won't fight," Xena answered.

"We do not ask for you to fight for us. Just be there as a witness that Renesmee is not an immortal child," Carlisle said.

Xena nodded.

"Very well," Xena said.