Chapter 8

Why were we going back to St. Freya? The question coiled within Soleil's mind since the transport vehicle had begun its track back toward the school. He eyes flicked toward Fu Hua, sitting across from him, her face set as smooth as stone. No emotion betrayed her eyes. Having full glance at his surroundings, the Immortal Blades made no eye contact and yet were vehemently watching his every twitch.

Fine. He would play along with their game.

Not a moment later, the truck's door swung open as the sunlight spilled through the dark cabin. Before he could attempt to move, his shoulder was jostled as he was forced outside. They took extra precautions, his bindings having been made specifically tailored to Soleil's abilities and strength.

Marching forth, students filed around the group, steering clear from the upper ranked Valkyries escorting the Knight of Schicksal in cuffs. The halls of the Valkyrie school passed by in a daze as they descended downward, the elevator shaft rocking ever so slightly in its journey downward. The sinking pit in his stomach had returned, Soleil braced himself, the metallic doors sliding open and revealling a much larger double door, scarlet lights creating trails of data with the three insignias engraved upon it. 

The Houses of the Schicksal Order:

Kaslana.
Schariac.
Apocalypse.

His heart hitched. His entire body burned, the very centre of his chest grew hotter with each passing second. His head ached and Soleil's world began spinning as his nausea escalated. Otto Apocalypse, the manipulator behind every scene, watched his Knight struggle to keep on his feet, smirking ever so slightly as this proved at least one theory. 

Subject K-423's mind was completely overtaken, her conscious receded as the 2nd Herrscher's surfaced and her powers returning ever so gradually within the datascape of this hidden facility. Soleil stood before Otto, the Immortal Blades vacating the room and taking guard outside. The Overseer strolled to the sweating Knight, stopping before him and spoke with his usual smarm. 

"Soleil Kaslana. I am to understand that you interrupted my direct order for Durandal to handle the 4th Herrscher?" The accused gave the blonde man a glare under the shadow of his hair, blanketing the fierce fire behind his eyes. 

"I did, but what about you? You gave that direct order to have the Gem of Desire stuffed in her body, regardless of any circumstances and morales it broke! You essentially crippled a young Valkyrie's career just for some sick experiment and to what? Bring the 4th Herrscher to life and let her destroy New Zealand and move to Australia to do the same thing?"

Soleil gnashed his teeth. Otto noted the crystallisation of ice begin forming under the Kaslana's boots, heat waves forming and produced a mirage-like haze around his body. Just like with his father, the hidden Kaslana genetics began unfolding right before his very eyes, the beastial strength to destroy the Honkai. 

"Now, now. Before we start throwing around slander, why don't we take this opportunity to chat? I believe we can learn much from our talk." He turned, gesturing to the chairs set out in front of the holograph monitor.

The Kaslana stood in his spot, vehemently glaring at the Apocalypse. The older man shrugged nonchalantly and took his seat, crossing his legs over. "Wendy was a necessary test, to see if a human could hope to contain the power of a Herrscher. Subject-K423 is the most interesting case."

Soleil blinked. Subject-423 echoed in his mind as it seemed to ring a bell. "The hell is Subject-K423? Another person you've designated as a guinea pig? What's Wendy's number then?"

Otto laughed, his shoulders rocking as he placed a hand on his face to calm himself. The Knight did not appreciate his question being taken for a joke, he stepped forward, kicking his seat aside and gripped Otto's coat with his shackled hands.