Ooh Honey Honeypie!!

KRIS' POV:

Kris watched as Ralsei rushed over to a dummy that was dressed in similar attire.

"Guys, It's the training dummy I made!" He smiled and adjusted the silver glasses on his face. "Now seems like a great chance to prepare for the enemy."

They noticed how your eyes lit up at the second Ralsei. Was the prince that cute in your eyes? Ralsei actually was on the nicer side compared to most monsters. Unless, you didn't mind like your mom- They didn't let himself finish that thought with a shiver. You were weirder than they thought. In a good way though. Weird quiet kids had to stick together.

"Would you guys want me to teach you how to fight?"

"Sure."

"Yeah."

Both of you agreed which seemed to make him quite happy. Stepping closer to the dummy, their vision went black and the familiar menu popped up again. Kris exhaled, the red soul in their chest showing up again. They spared a glance to you, seeing you in awe of it. They looked at your chest, wondering if you had a colored soul too, being half human and all. There was a small white glow but they couldn't make out it's shape.

Ralsei, too, was curious and stared at you with squinted eyes. Neither of them were aware of how they odd looked staring.

You tore your gaze from the shining menu to see them looking at you like you were some fancy new gadget. You look down at yourself, not noticing the glow and trying to find any stain on your clothes.

"Guys?" You called their name as you looked up, snapping the two out of the staring. "Do I have goop on me or something?"

Shit.

Kris bit the inside of their cheek and looked back at the menu. Embarrassment grew in their stomach as they pretended the menu was interesting. Wow. That's uh. That's a button! How intriguing! Oh gods, you were still looking at them.

"Sorry." They muttered under their breath as Ralsei cleared his throat.

"See that heart, Kris?" The prince completely ignored you, a quiver in his voice from the surprise. "That's your soul the culmination of your being! Within it holds your will, your compassion, and the fate of the world. If it gets hit, you and your friends will lose HP. If everyone's HP reaches zero we'll lose the battle."

"Don't kill us, Kris." You cheer with a grin and wave your fists in the air. "No pressure but I like being alive!"

Kris huffed. Gee, thanks for the encouragement.

"Let's try dodging, ready?"

Kris nodded and readied themself.

White pellets began to fly towards them and Kris stepped around and evaded them with ease. From the corner of their eye, they could see you mirroring the way they moved and dodged. Ralsei whispered tips to you on how to position your feet. Kris had to remind themself to not get distracted, it nearly made them run into an attack. The pellet grazed their skin but no harm was done to the soul.

"Great job Kris! You're a natural!"

Yeah, being controlled did that. It did many things in fact. Like making one have to manually breath for some reason. Or making random parts of their body fall asleep even when they were moving.

"Anyhow after the enemy attacks, it's our turn! Though fighting is unnecessary in this world... There's no harm in a thorough lesson!" The prince gestured the the orange button with the orange sword. He looked back at you who was observing in interest. "I could teach you how to use your hammer, if you'd like me to."