Guy's Night

Alex wants to make sure he gets plenty of time with his best friends as he can before he leaves. So, on the days he's not hanging out with Kurtis (and sometimes when he is with Kurtis), he spends time with Reid, Preston, and Grayson.

And this past week, Kurtis has been giving Alex all the time to spend with his friends while he continues to ignore him.

Preston groaned dramatically in annoyance when he entered Alex's house. "No one told me he was going to be here," his tone is bitter as he walks into the tv room where the group is sitting. The he Preston's referring to is Reid's boyfriend, Grayson.

Grayson flips Preston off.

They both don't get along (love triangle bullshit) reasonably so and yet, also unreasonably so.

Alex thinks they both need to get over themselves, but they both think they're better than the other, so that won't happen anytime soon.

"Can you guys not?" Reid asks and the same time as Alex states,

"You guys are children."

"Hmph," comes from Preston, but they set their hatred aside for the sake of the group.

The group plays video games and chats about what's going on in their lives. Grayson hating his online college classes, Preston complaining over who-knows-what, and Reid contemplating community college, but is stressing about how much it'll cost.

"I don't know why you won't just take my mom's offer to pay," Preston tells Reid as he chooses his character for the next round of Super Smash Bros Brawl.

"I hate saying this, but I agree with Preston," Grayson surprisingly says (he picks Ness).

"I don't want to burden them with my issues," Reid Explains, choosing Kirby.

"You're like family, you're not a burden, don't be stupid," Preston insists and after being indecisive, he finally picks Diddy Kong as his character and they start a match. (Alex only owns three controllers, so whoever loses this round, will switch with him).

Most of their conversation is background noise for Alex because he's too preoccupied with strategizing ways to fix things with Kurtis.

Right now, he has almost four paragraphs typed out in his messages to Kurtis. Basically reiterating in different ways the fact that he's a shit-head and he's sorry.

He reads the text, re-reads it, ready to send with his thumb hovering over the blue arrow icon. He sighs and deletes all of the messages, then tosses his phone- with slight aggressiveness- to the other side of the couch he's sitting on.

"What's up with you?" Preston asks.

Alex hesitates because for Kurtis- who's the sweetest boy he knows- to ghost you, you had to have fucked up badly. "Kurtis and I are kind of... not speaking. Well, he's not speaking to me."

"What did you do?" Grayson asks killing Reid off of the game. Reid huffs then places his controller down before giving Alex his undivided attention.

"I... said something stupid," is Alex's answer.

"What did you say?" Questions Preston, (Grayson and him are very determined on killing each other's character).

Alex sighs. He doesn't really want to get into it. He's shameful of his words and feels like an asshole. But these are his best friends and they've all had their fair share of asshole moments. So, Alex starts to explain, "I told him I think I'm bisexual."

"Woah," Reid says.

"No way," comments Grayson.

"What?" Preston questions, but all their words were mocking surprise.