Part 17

Izuku wandered along the streets, checking the list in his hand. He was out to get groceries while his mother was at work. "I wonder if I could bake a pie for mom" he thought to himself, entering a small shop. He paid for the dairy items and huffed softly. Izuku hated shopping.

On his way back, he decided to stay for a while at Dagobah beach and see if he could do something different. As he walked down the neat roads, his eyes caught someone by the beach, a little too close to comfort given their hunched and sad body language. A few steps in and he heard sniffles from the figure. Sighing, Izuku placed the bags on the almost flat rock and approached the figure.

"Excuse me?" He called softly "are you alright?"

The person didn't even look up but mumbled something that sent Izuku into a panicking frenzy.

"My baby… water… drown"

Without a second thought, Izuku quickly jumped into the water and started looking around like crazy. He needed to catch a glimpse at least. The water was muddy and he couldn't see very well. Maybe if he could identify the baby with something- the colour of its clothing or anything!

"MISS!" He shouted "I NEED YOU TO TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT THE BABY SO I CAN FIND IT"

The girl jerked and her unique yellow eyes seemed to adjust like a… zoom? She quickly got to her feet and shrieked "BEHIND YOU! THE BLUE PANEL!"

"Panel?" Izuku turned around and found a piece of junk but pulled it nevertheless. If she said it then maybe it was connected to the baby? Weird. To his surprise/horror, it was a drone. He looked at the girl to find her face flooding with relief but he was still panicking "MISS! I GOT IT BUT WHERE IS THE BABY??"

The girl didn't seem to pay heed to his words as he practically lunged forward and snatched the drone from his hands. She cooed the drone… SHE COOED THE DRONE as she held it close to her chest. What in the world-

Izuku gaped like a fish before walking out of the water and looked at the oblivious woman who kept muttering rather loudly.

"- place the transistors on the bottom of the panel and maybe change the wiring. Oh! I need to get some new solar panels or no, maybe I-

"Miss?"

"-could make- nah, my baby needs the best but- yes I'll take the panel from baby no.67 and- no baby no.73 should do. It's a failed- "

"EXCUSE ME! MISS! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!"

"Oh shut up! Stop screaming! I'm busy" the girl who had pink hair and steampunk glasses, as Izuku now observed, snapped.

The greenette gave her an incredulous look "Wha- hold on! What about the bab- what even is- what the heck is happening?!"

The girl looked at him as if he grew two heads. "What? Oh yeah!" She seemed to realise "You're the guy who saved my baby!"

"I- baby- wha- miss?! What the heck are you talking about! That's a fricking drone! Where's the baby?!?!"

Her eyes glinted dangerously for a moment and Izuku dared to hold his ground "Look, Mr. Bush, do NOT insult my baby" she growled before looking at the wet drone with motherly affection. Izuku needed a nap.

"S-so… that's your baby?" Izuku asked carefully "the….. drone?"

Her eyes snapped to him and a huge grin spread on her face "Oh yeah! This is baby no.96! Also, thank you for saving it!"

Izuku blinked.

And blinked again.

"Miss" he took a deep breath to deal with this calmly "I don't think you have any idea how much panic you've caused me.-" blunt "-From your words I thought that a Legit Baby-" he raised his voice a little "- had drowned! What were you thinking?!"