Chapter 6

"I'm home!"
I turned around to see Emma at the entrance of the kitchen while seeing Juli run across the counter to reach her.

"Hey Emma" I say, while going to the sink to wash my hand to then hug her "how was the event? I have never been to one of those events so I'm not sure what they do in it."

"It was fun"

"Would you mind if I leave things here to you two?" Ukyo approaches both girls, "I have a trial tomorrow and I would like to prepare for it."

"All right, I understand" Emma with no doubt agrees. 'Aw it must be nice that Ukyo has someone to help him now more around home'  I simply nod agreeing to help around with Emma.

Ukyo was gonna say something else when my phone started ringing, I saw the caller's name 'Masaomi'.

"It's Masaomi, I'll see what's going on?" I tell them before stepping out of the kitchen to answer the call.

"Masaomi, everything alright?" I didn't mean to be no pessimistic but I couldn't think of any reason for why he would need to call me, so I worried.

"Suteki, I have a patient who took a sudden turn for the worse so I can't come home," he explained.

Contrary to popular belief I would say that Masaomi it's pretty bold on occasions, sometimes just like Kaname. Suteki it's a nickname used to call someone gorgeous or lovely and compare to popular belief when I have said when we were little that I hated that nickname, I might have lied, Masaomi was that one that always called me that and I still got that warm feeling in my face when he called me that.

"Thanks for letting me know, do you need anything? I could bring you something to eat?"

"Don't worry but I appreciate your offer. I must go now." I heard the beep after he hung up, I sighed and made a mental note to pack him some leftovers to bring him to the hospital.

"Masaomi will be staying in the hospital tonight so he won't be joining us." I said so we can put it down and know how much we'll be needing to cook tonight.

"Last time he stayed at the hospital too." Emma commented, I raised my eyebrows in surprise but I didn't say anything back.

"Then, I will leave the rest to you two." Ukyo said looking kind of down and he went upstairs, at that same moment Subaru was coming downstairs.

"I'm home," he said, smiling at us.

"Welcome back" me and Emma said in unison. 'I would have hugged him but based on his reaction last time, I'll give him some time to get used to me'

"W-Where's everybody else?" he asked before looking at me as if he was ready for me to attack him with a hug like I did this morning or last night while saying goodnight.

"It seems like everybody's coming home late today," she said while walking in the kitchen, "I'll get dinner ready right away."

The three of us𑁋 well four, with Juli, were sitting down while eating dinner silently and I noticed Subaru eating his dinner fast 'trying to get out of here fast, I see'.

He finished eating and stood up straight, "Thanks for the food" he said before starting to walk towards the stairs, he didn't get far before turning around and looked at Emma to tell her something about him being dropped from the line-up. I'm not good with basketball, don't judge.

"But I'll get back in the regular line-ups for sure,so..." I see him paused for a second, and blush? "When I do, I want you to come see me play." There was a tension here that I did not like and then it dawned on me.

"You like your step-sister" I just blurted it out, in my defense I didn't mean to, "That's very Hub material, which I understand guys your age watch that kind of stuff but I just want you to know that what they show there is not the real stuff plus keep it family friendly while I live here." I have no excuse as to why I said that. But as I was saying all that I grabbed our plates to take them to the kitchen and I did not pay any attention to their reaction until I reached the kitchen and looked over the counter to see sweet Emma confused and Subaru red as a tomato. 'Maybe I should have tone it down a little, sorry subaru'

"Miss we are here" I grab my purse to take out the money to pay the cab, "just letting you know again that visit hours are over so I doubt they'll let you pass the front desk."

"Don't worry, I'll just drop something for a friend. goodnight " I said to the man while getting off.

I go into the hospital, and I see one of the receptionists grabbing the things ready to leave.

"Excuse me"
"Sorry visit hours are over, you can come tomorrow from 9am to 7pm" She said kind of in a rush.

"Yeah, I know. I'm here to drop off something for Masaomi Asahina, he's staying overnight so I'm bringing him some food." I tried to explain while showing him the container I had in my hands.

"For Masaomi-San... I'll make sure to give it to him before I leave." She said with a smile but not a nice one, as I was gonna hand it over to her I saw Masaomi getting off the elevator and coming toward the entrance.

"Suteki..." he said surprised when he saw me

"Masaomi, I brought you some food since you are staying here for tonight," I said walking towards him "You're a doctor, you should know how important it is to take care of yourself more."

"I told you, you didn't have to, it's late." He grabbed the sides of my cardigan and pulled it closer to make sure I was covered well from the cold.

"Well if you don't wanna see me around here then you shouldn't overwork yourself," I told him in a playful voice, I did not want to scold him since he must be tired.

"I'm taking a break right now, I was actually gonna get something to eat so you got here at the right time" he said softly and he took my hand, "why don't you come to my office, I don't want you to leave so fast."