Epilogue

With only days left to their wedding, Ember and Rex spent beautiful moments everyday with each other. Rex took her to a good gynecologist at Fordsville Public Hospital and they were happy with the progess of her pregnancy.  She wasn't very nauseated except for an hour or two in the morning after waking up. Throughout the day, she was fine and she was glad since she had no wish to be nauseated on her wedding day. 

The night of the wedding, Rex and Ember walked hand in hand around Wildcreek Ranch after dinner. Both of them were too overwhelmed to speak.

"I never thought this day would come so soon, Ember. Thank you for trusting me with your heart, with your life. You gave me the greatest happiness of my life," said Rex, holding her hands. 

"I too had given up all hopes of ever being with you Rex. I have loved you since I was fourteen, since the day you dropped me home in my first day at Fordsville High. The day I saw you with Lauren at that Great Falls match the day you met her, my heart was broken yet I loved you from afar all my growing up years. Amidst all the upheavals in my life, I still loved you. Even when Jamie finished my life, I was still in love with you. You are the one for me for life, Rex. You cannot imagine how fortunate I feel that we've finally reunited. I still can't believe that we'd be married tomorrow and after a few months we'll have our baby together. After I lost my baby, my life had no meaning whatsoever but now God has been kind enough to bless with another baby. I'll cherish it with my entire being," she said as they walked hand in hand under the moonlit sky with the Bearhead Creek gushing way in front of them, it's surface shimmering under the star studded sky. 

"And I'll cherish you, my love," Rex said, overwhelmed by her words. He pulled out a small emerald and diamond heart-shaped pendant attached to a silver chain. "I bought this pendant the night I had proposed to you. I wanted to give it to you the night before our wedding day. The minute I saw this, it reminded me of your eyes," said Rex, tying the pendant around her neck. 

Ember gasped. She loved the wedding gift. "It's so beautiful," she said, running her fingers over it. 

"I didn't get to buy you a wedding gift, Rex, " she started guiltily. 

"There's no formality with me, Ember. Our baby is the greatest gift that you've given me. We have our whole life ahead of us to exchange gifts," said Rex. They talked for some more time and then Rex dropped her at her granny's house with a kiss in her forehead. 

"See you at the altar, baby," he said with eyes shining with emotions. 

Finally the day of her wedding arrived and Ember was readied at her grandparents' house. It was the most important day of her life and Adelaide and Andrea had arrived with Rihanna, Renée and Raine. Even Rex's mom had come to see her for a few minutes. Aunt Charlotte had sent an attendant to get her ready. She applied light makeup on her face enhancing her natural beauty. Her hair was tied up in curls and fixed with jeweled combs. 

She looked angelic in an embellished wedding gown with an illusion neckline and a bodice with crystal embellishments. The flowing tulle skirt cascaded around her in soft folds with the same crystal embellishments near the hemline. Ember wore emerald earrings that matched her pendant. Adelaide helped fix her veil and she was ready. 

"I'd waited for this moment for so long dear," said granny, wiping her tears as she saw Ember looking so beautiful. "You're looking absolutely stunning, " she said and the others agreed making Ember blush. 

There was a call from granny Jenny asking them to arrive immediately. The wedding officiant was about to arrive any minute.

Her gramps drove her, Granny, Adelaide and Andrea to Wildcreek Ranch while Rihanna drove the others. Her bridesmaids wore lilac one-shouldered gowns with the same crystal embellishments on their bodice as Ember's. They fixed white floral hair accessories, the colour of her bridal bouquet. 

With everyone looking stunning and radiant, they approached the venue. The wedding arch was erected at the same place as Rhett's was. Lilac colored tulle and lavender wreaths decorated the arch. The aisle was strewn with lavender sprigs while the chairs were decorated with white satin bows. 

Ember looked up to see Rex smiling at her looking dashing in a black tuxedo. "What are the butterflies doing in your tummy?" Asked Adelaide with a grin. Andrea too was dressed in a lilac dress and the lavender bow on her head made her a very cute flower girl and she made baby sounds perched in Adelaide's arms. The girls giggled behind her seeing Rex's hit state upon her.

"He's dying to have his wedding night right now," said Renée, giggling away. 

"Yeah, look how he's glaring at the officiant for not starting already," said Raine, giggling more.

"Hello everyone we're gathered here to get Rex and Ember married. I pronounce you man and wife, you may kiss the bride. Thank you," said Rihanna mimicking the officiant and they all giggled.

"That's the shortest wedding ceremony, ever," said Renée. 

"Ember, ignore him and take deep breaths," said Raine. Ember smiled. She wasn't nervous at all. So finally the music started and the procession started. Her Gramps and granny looked at her.

"Ready to get married, sweetie?" Asked granny. 

"Yes, granny," she breathed. 

"Then let's get you married," said her gramps. He held out his arm and Ember held on and with her granny on her other side, she walked down the aisle towards her smiling groom, her Rex, to start a beautiful life with him. He came forward with his outstretched arm, ready to start their happily ever after.

Their wait is over. They are united at last forever, never to be parted. 

----------
The rest of the series is up on my website. Please check out my profile for details.