The Training Has Begun

Over the next few weeks, Riri's wounds continued to heal. She went on a few more little dates with Kyojuro, and her and Shinobu grew closer.

Riri and Shinobu are on their way to the headquarters. Shinobu is helping Riri with her luggage.

"Are you nervous at all?" Shinobu asks.

"Yes! I don't know what to expect." Riri replies.

Riri and Shinobu arrive at the Ubuyashiki residence. Shinobu and Riri set the luggage down. Shinobu grabs Riri's arms and looks at her.

"I'm gonna miss you. Best of luck, Riri."

Riri and Shinobu both begin to tear up. They embrace.

Kyojuro walks outside with his own luggage. Shinobu and Riri break from the hug.

"Take good care of her, Rengoku." Shinobu says.

"Of course!" Kyojuro replies.

Shinobu gives Riri one last hug. Riri picks up her luggage and her and Kyojuro set off to Sagiri Mountain. Kyojuro and Riri give each other a side glance and smile.

"Are you ready?" Kyojuro asks.

"I'm very nervous and excited." Riri replies.

"Training to become a Demon Slayer is very intense. It requires a lot of dedication, discipline, and tough love." Kyojuro explains.

Riri looks up at him.

"I'm ready to give it my all!"

Kyojuro smiles at her. He admires her willingness to go for something so difficult to achieve. The two of them spend the rest of the day traveling to the mountain. When they arrive at the top of the mountain, Kyojuro takes Riri to a little cabin. They go to the bedroom to unpack their luggage and sit next to each other on the bed. Kyojuro puts his arm around Riri. They look at each other and have the biggest smiles plastered across their faces. Kyojuro gazes into her eyes and kisses her softly. Riri puts her left hand on his cheek and pulls him in for another soft kiss.

"I like you!" Kyojuro says.

Riri blushes. "I like you too!"

The two of them begin to get ready for bed. As Riri is adjusting her nightgown she looks over at Kyojuro sitting on the bed and admires how precious he is.

"Is he actually going to want to have sex with me eventually?"

She shudders.

"Why am I thinking about that! I need to focus on growing our relationship and working towards becoming a Demon Slayer!"

Riri gets into bed and lays her head on Kyojuro's chest. He gives her a forehead kiss and blows out the candle. They fall asleep snuggled up close.

The next morning, Riri wakes up to the sound of Kyojuro chopping wood. She walks outside to go say good morning.

"Good morning Kyojuro!" She exclaims.

Kyojuro runs up to her and gives her a hug. "

"Good morning!"

Riri smiles and sits on a log next to where he's chopping wood.

"What are you up to?" She asks.

"Just preparing, since we're going to be at this cabin for a while." Kyojuro explains.

Riri's face falls.

"Will we ever get to go visit Shinobu or the others?"

"I'll have to go back to attend meetings and be given assignments, so we will still be able to visit everyone!" Kyojuro exclaims.

Riri feels really nervous, but she's trying her best to hide it. Kyojuro chops a bit more wood before getting up to start Riri's training.

"You should go change and then you can meet me out here!" Kyojuro says.

Riri runs into the cabin to change into more appropriate clothing. She then runs back outside to Kyojuro.

"That was quick!" Kyojuro exclaims.

Riri chuckles.

"Before we begin, I need to let you know that these first few weeks, possibly months, are not going to be easy. Becoming a Demon Slayer exceeds your limits and takes a lot of hard work. It's a challenge to overcome all the obstacles in your way. Fighting demons isn't the hardest part, remaining persistent is. I know you're capable, and you need to know you're capable; but there will be days where you'll feel much less that that." Kyojuro explains.

"Right! Thank you Kyojuro!" Riri replies.

Kyojuro begins training Riri in her ability to react quickly and make decisions without thinking too hard. Kyojuro threw hard punches at Riri and she was able to stop most of them. It was impressive considering it was her first day. Kyojuro then threw a punch as well as a kick at Riri, and she was forced to decide which one to stop. The punch was headed towards her face and the kick was towards her stomach. Riri didn't know which one to stop and ended up falling to the ground. Kyojuro cringed. He didn't want to hurt Riri. Riri gets up. Her face is covered in blood. She stands up and wipes it off on Kyojuro's white haori. Kyojuro laughs.

"Good job using your resources I guess!"

Riri laughs. She's in so much pain already and it's only day one. She knows the level of training will only get more difficult as time goes on.

Riri and Kyojuro continue strength training for a few more hours. Riri is a bloody, sweaty mess afterwards. Kyojuro puts his arm around her as they head back to the cabin. Riri goes to wash up and Kyojuro starts preparing dinner. Kyojuro sets the table and waits for Riri to be finished cleaning up. Riri walks out to the kitchen in a beautiful kimono. Her face is full of bruises and marks but she still looks stunning. Kyojuro approaches her and gives her a hug. Riri bursts into tears. Kyojuro kisses her forehead. He holds her tight. Riri finds comfort in his arms and buries her face in his chest. Kyojuro holds her head and rubs her hair. After a solid minute of hugging, Riri releases. Kyojuro rubs her cheek.

"You are capable of so much more than you think!" Kyojuro exclaims.

Riri smiles, tears still in her eyes.

"Let's eat!" Kyojuro says.

Riri chuckles. The two of them sit down at the table and serve themselves dinner. Riri takes a bite of a dumpling.

"Delicious!" Riri exclaims.

Kyojuro smiles at her. She truly is a girl after his own heart.