twentyeight

The start of the spring semester is finally here. After spending a week with Cassie at her home, it was nice to be back on campus in our dorm room. I couldn't wait to get back to our dorm room and our own space. I know that Cassie's parents have been super great with having me stay with them for the past week but it felt like I was intruding on them. I've missed my friends and I needed to start hitting the rink again to get back into midseason form. While we were still her house I was able to take Cassie to the rink and really got to show her the ropes of sled hockey. The more we went together, the more she picked up and it was really great to see her be able to come into her own. As our time ended at her house, we packed up both of our sleds and brought them back to campus with us, with a promise to get onto the ice together more.

When we got back to campus Becca and Stacey met us outside the dorm hall and almost jumped on me. I feel like I haven't seen them in months as I hugged them tightly to me once I got out of the car. Cassie broke us all apart when she needed help bringing everything up to the dorm. With some help from my friends it only took us one trip to make it up to the dorm. Once everything was inside I started to put everything away with a hand from Becca as she filled me in on everything that's been happening over the last couple of days since she's been back. Stacey stayed with Cassie and helped her get the heating pad on her leg. Even though I drove us back to campus, Cassie had PT yesterday and it really wiped her out.

As I finished up with Becca, we went back into the living room and found Cassie and Stacey laughing about something together. It made me smile as I took a seat on the arm chair next to the couch.

"So we are going to head over to the hockey house to catch up with the team as mostly everyone is back if you want to join us." Becca said and promptly sat right on the coffee table as there were no other empty chairs around.

"Are you going to be okay if I head out?" I asked Cassie wanting to go with them to see the team.

"Yes, I'll be fine. I got everything I need right here and I'll probably just end up taking a nap. Can you just get me the red pill bottle from the cabinet in the bathroom and some water?" Cassie asked.

I just nodded and found the bottle she wanted along with some water and brought it over to her. Cassie took the pills and took one from the bottle before swallowing it down with a lot of water.

"Thank you." Cassie said and handed me back the pills.

"Anything else I can get for you?" I asked as I pulled the blanket that was over the top of the couch over Cassie.

"Nope, I'm good here." Cassie said and gave me a smile. I gave her one back and kissed her forehead before turning to my friends and gave them a nod. We got up and I grabbed a few things before we left the dorm room.

"You guys are honestly adorable." Becca said after we started to walk down the hall.

"Is she okay? She looked like she was in some pain." Stacey asked as we made our way down the stairs.

"Cassie had PT yesterday and is still sore from it today, being in the car for the drive down here didn't help either. She took a muscle relaxer and with a nap she should be feeling better by the time I go back to the dorm later." I said as we pushed our way out the door and outside.

Once we were outside again we were hit by the cold and I shrunk into my jacket. This was something I definitely didn't miss while I was at home. We walked quickly towards the hockey house and didn't take us to long to get there. Stacey unlocked the door for us and we all walked in. Most of the team was already sitting in the living room and when they saw us walk in they all got excited. I was super happy to be back with my girls and couldn't wait to start to tackle the back half of our season together.